Flying to Mainland on Return Day - POA

Vmalcolm

For anyone who has returned from a POA/NCL cruise from Hawaii. Do they allow early departure for earlier in the day flights? I booked several months ago on Aloha Airlines and discovered recently (looking at their website) that my return flight which had been scheduled for 12:50 PM had been changed to 8:30 AM. I called them and told them this would not work for me, and they've put me on a flight scheduled to leave Honolulu at 11:30 AM, switching to Southwest Airlines in Burbank.

I know for cruises from Florida this would be really pushing it, but is it doable?

Thanks for your help!

Valerie

Hi Spleen,

It says the ship docks at 7:00 AM, with debarkation beginning approx. 2 hours later. From what I've been reading, it looks like folks with NCL arranged excursion are getting off at 8:30 or so. I just want to be sure I can get off that early too and still make it to the airport!

Thanks,

Valerie

You really should be at the airport by 9:30 am to make sure that you can get through security and all. Honolulu International is one of the more stricter airports I've been in regarding security. You'll *probably* be OK ... but there's no guarantees. If you stick with your airline reservation, I'd talk to the front desk on the ship as soon as you board and explain your situation and see if they can arrange for you to be amongst the first group of passengers to disembark. It'll probably depend on your level of comfort with risk-taking here.

Spleen

I was just off the POA and you shouldn't have a problem. You can do express walk off around 7:30 a.m. if you carry your own luggage. An alternative is to ask the reception desk for an early flight tag and then your tag color is one of the first called. You just have to show your airline ticket to get an early flight tag. Keep in mind that if you carry your own luggage there is a long flight of stairs to get to the street from the dock.

-Susan

Thanks so much. I appreciate the information. I've carried my luggage off of the Mariner and Glory so far this year. I've gotten it down to one large wheeled suitcase and a carryon.

Valerie

Archived