Where is the Amtrak station in Seattle/Vancouver????

The train station in Vancouver is sorta near Canada Place cruise terminal. However, it is NOT within walking distance (especially with luggage). I think a taxi cab would be around $8-$10 from the train station to Canada Place. If you are leaving from Ballantyne Pier, then you are closer to the train station. But, again, take a taxi cab, don't walk.

In Vancouver now that the construction allows underground approach to Canada Place again it's 50/50 which pier is closer. Taxi as traveller123 states is required.

You could take Sky train if not physically challenged at all and able to roll all your bags. (I wouldn't)

NOt sure on location of Westin in Seattle. Amtrak is certainly the way to go if timing is right for you. Upgrade to Business class gets you better seats and on/off Customs and Immigration quickness.

In Vancouver now that the construction allows underground approach to Canada Place again it's 50/50 which pier is closer. Taxi as traveller123 states is required.

You could take Sky train if not physically challenged at all and able to roll all your bags. (I wouldn't)

NOt sure on location of Westin in Seattle. Amtrak is certainly the way to go if timing is right for you. Upgrade to Business class gets you better seats and on/off Customs and Immigration quickness.

Thank you...

What do you mean by Taxi as traveller123 states????? I'm confused...

• 2 weeks later...

the seattle train station is on king street near the stadiums. no where near anything except the stadiums. maybe a $10 cab ride give or take. there is NOTHING in the station except the station. so if you want coffee, get it beforehand if you can find something open that early!

in canada the station is not really near anything....i think it was 9 or 10 dollars from there to the pan pacific at canada place. it at least has a mcdonalds and a coffee place. it isn't near much either.

• 2 months later...

How do you get upgraded to business class on the Amtrak.

How much would it be for 2 adults to go one way into Seattle on Amtrak?

Our flight into YVR is about $350.00 more than what it would cost to fly into Seattle but I'm just wondering by the time we pay for a motel room, Amtrak and taxis as well as our extra time involved if it would be worth it.

Any opinions?

Thanks, CJ :) :)

RE Business class.. you just pay the extra $..Check their web site.

If you fly into YVR you can also add about 30-60 ca$ for a fare of some sort from the airport to the Pier.

So do the math I guess

don't for get you have to get back :)

Archived