Eli's extreme or Eli's eco?

nikita

Hi!

We had the same dilemma this past week,I wanted the extreme but Jan was a little worried about the speed!

So we decided to book the standard Eco Tour, as luck would have it it's fully booked so we have booked the Extreme, Yippee Doo!!

We have seen good reviews of this and we both feel OK with our choice now.

We are 57 years young so hope this helps .

Sailing on the Crown 09/12/06

Cheers ash

Hi!

We had the same dilemma this past week,I wanted the extreme but Jan was a little worried about the speed!

So we decided to book the standard Eco Tour, as luck would have it it's fully booked so we have booked the Extreme, Yippee Doo!!

Cheers ash

Daddykool, if this is your sail date, I hate to break it to you, but you missed the ship!!!! (oh, maybe you are from the UK or Canada, then you are still fine.) I just looked, and thankfully you are from the UK!

Have a fabulous time on the excursion and on your cruise!!!

Hi!

Cheers ash

Well that's interesting - maybe I won't have a choice since we sail in Feb they both may be booked. I guess I'd better get on the ball and get my reservations in. We like speed so I think it will be fun if we go on the fast one! The other one looks nice though too. Thanks for the post! Also - why are you guys a year behind us here in the US - just wondering - I never realized that.

Also - why are you guys a year behind us here in the US - just wondering - I never realized that.

It's not the year, it is the reversal of the month/day that goofs me up! I think that the military does it the same way that the UK does, but am not sure. Never knew why we were different than them. Might have to do a search to find it out!

It's not the year, it is the reversal of the month/day that goofs me up! I think that the military does it the same way that the UK does, but am not sure. Never knew why we were different than them. Might have to do a search to find it out!

Oh yeah - I knew that but forgot! thanks for straightening me out!

Daddykool,

We've done both tours (eco x3, and xtreme x1), and are booked on the eco again this coming January, with friends that are also repeat guests. I think you'll enjoy either one. We obviously do - we keep coming back for more :D Oh, and we're both in our 50's, too.

Jodi

Daddykool,

We've done both tours (eco x3, and xtreme x1), and are booked on the eco again this coming January, with friends that are also repeat guests. I think you'll enjoy either one. We obviously do - we keep coming back for more :D Oh, and we're both in our 50's, too.

Jodi

Could you give me pros and cons of both tours - we still can't decide which one to book! Seems like maybe you liked the Eco tour better since you've done that one more? Let me know your thoughts. Thanks so much!

We really enjoy both tours. The first three times we did the Eco-tour, the Xtreme wasn't up and running yet. We did that our first time back to Antigua after Eli had finally got it started. We're returning to the Eco-tour this year, because the folks we're travelling with (my sister and her husband, and friends we've cruised with several times before - met them on a cruise) want to do it. The friends we've done this cruise with before also did Eli's tour with us before, and wanted to return to it. We were going to go with which ever one my sister and brother-in-law chose, and they picked the eco tour.

The main differences are:

Xtreme - fast, fun boat, bumpy, racy kind of thing. It's a blast. You get to swim with the stingrays. Snorkeling at the Pillars of Hercules. Opportunity to see English Harbor and to go all the way around Antigua. The lunch stop at Green Island includes some time for wandering, as does the beach refreshment stop. Swimming with the rays is not strenuous at all.

Eco-tour - The opportunity to climb on Hell's Gate, and hike to the top of Bird Island. Nice, nice, boat - different feel, not a racing boat like the Xtreme. There's actually probably more activity on this tour, since you're snorkeling, climbing and hiking on Bird Island, if you choose to do all three. You don't get to the stingrays, or English Harbor, but see the mangrove area.

I'd really recommend you visit the website - http://www.adventureantigua.com - to try to make your decision. The descriptions of both tours may help you decide.

Jodi

Thank you very much for the information. I have visited the website but nothing beats comments from folks who have already experienced them. They both sound great and I'm sure we'll enjoy what ever we pick. I think leaning towards the speed boat - sounds more exciting and we've never done anything quite like it, although we have swam with the stingrays twice in GCayman. Thank you for taking the time out to explain both tours.

• 3 weeks later...
We're going Valentines week on the Crown Princess. How about you?

Jewel of the Seas. We'll be in Antigua on Valentine's Day! -- and from what I can see on the Princess site, looks like you will be, too! A bunch of CC'ers are cruising (some meeting face-to-face for the first time), and we've signed up for the Eco Tour.

We just returned last week after the Extreme trip and had a blast. It was interesting to be able to do a 360' of the Island. Eli was a wonderful Captain and his crew was second to none. I would not hesitate to recomend either tour as there were people of all ages on the trip. We did the Eco tour last year and is definately a little slower but still very interesting. If there is something that you don't feel comfortable doing then just stay on the boat. You will still have a good time no matter what you choose. Good luck and have fun.

We just returned last week after the Extreme trip and had a blast. It was interesting to be able to do a 360' of the Island. Eli was a wonderful Captain and his crew was second to none. I would not hesitate to recomend either tour as there were people of all ages on the trip. We did the Eco tour last year and is definately a little slower but still very interesting. If there is something that you don't feel comfortable doing then just stay on the boat. You will still have a good time no matter what you choose. Good luck and have fun.

• 1 month later...

Just returned from our cruise. Did Eli's xtreme tour this time. What a great time. If you like to be on the water, this is the excursion for you. The boat was fun, the company was terrific, and all in all... it was a great day. Being able to circle the Island was fantastic. We have done both of his excursions, and would recommend them to anyone.

Engine and Nancy - thank you both for your reviews - we have booked the Xtreme and now I'm really looking forward to it. I appreciate your willingness to share with others your experience. Thank you again!

Archived