Princess Transfers/Air LAX

CrusinAgain

I need to get our cruise booked and trying to figure out if we should book the Princess transfers for 100 each round trip or use a shuttle service to the pier that is actually cheaper at 68 total. Has anyone used Primetime shuttle or super shuttle to know if they are reliable?

It appears we will be using Princess Air since I can't find anything cheaper for once except Southwest for about 50 dollars but it doesn't leave until 6 p.m. when we return. I know with Carnival the transfers are included, but it says in the Princess book that you have to buy transfers in addition to their air.

Suggestions? Advice?

I am assuming you are sailing out of Long Beach. Take a taxi, I did this a few years back and the fare was about $50 so worked out to $50 each round trip for a couple.

Also consider flying in the day before to get ( book on your own ) better fare, rent a car at LAX, get a hotel/motel room between LAX and Long Beach ( savings more than paid for our room and car) ,drop off rental at no extra charge at Long Beach airport and take taxi for short ride to pier. This gave us chance to shop before cruise and we did pick up some nice bottles of Cal. wine on sale for our cruise. We even lucked out and got a great waiter who served us our wine at supper without charging us the corkage fee. Great cruise wine at supper for less than $4 a bottle. He got an extra tip for that.

Do the reverse with or without room when you return. Also consider spending extra day or so in L.A.to see sites there. Also have done this when cruising out of Long Beach.

No, the ship is leaving out of LA and the airfare for flying in day before or day of is higher than the ships airfare. It is a 3 hour plane trip on same coast so this time we don't need to fly in the day before and in actually we couldn't anyway due to daughter's final exams the day before.

Archived