Nativeway Excursion

9th toy

what day was this on?

We were on Freedom of the Seas in Grand Cayman on 11/15/06.

The following week, I read Freedom skipped GC because of bad weather and inablity to tender.

Native Way won't charge you if they don't give you the tour. But they do want you to reserve so Eldon can look for you and your ship at the tender dock. He had a list of people and their ships so he knew when their ships started tendering.

I imagine they take a CC # so they know you are serious.

Hey everyone!

Renza - I just wanted to let you know that I received an email reply from Sharon at Native Way this afternoon - I emailed late last night for the 2nd time, (the first email came back as undeliverable, so I forwarded it again). She gave me the info for the reservation (I am now officially "reserved" :D and other info also! Did you email go through?

Yes I did get a reservation for the ray,reef, and rum tour. I was a littles worried about faxing my credit card #, but all is good. I cant wait. I am a littled worried about the crowd when I am there, it looks like 7 ships are in port that day I am there. Well nativeway should take care of us we will see. Thank you again. Janna

Just wanted to let anyone reserving this tour know that my sister, friend and I did it in April '05 and it was awesome!!

We were on a smallish boat with about 12 people total - talk about personalized service :) !

The boat anchored away from the throngs of big boats from the cruise lines and we got lots of time with the rays, including individual time holding, feeding, and kissing (!) them with the helpers' assistance. Then we had free time to snorkel around the rays.

We weren't able to snorkel at the Barrier Reef due to water conditions, so we snorkeled somewhere else - not as great, but still nice.

The lunch at Rum Point was wonderful, and the beach was very relaxing. We had an hour or so to lay in a hammock or on a lounge chair. I have never seen water so gorgeous as around Grand Cayman!

I had such a great time that I reserved the same tour for my whole family (Me, hubby, and 3 teens) for our cruise in 2 weeks. Pricey for 5, but worth it in my opinion.

My husband, 12-year old son, and I just participated in Nativeway's Island, Stingray City, Turtle Farm, and Rum Factory tour last week. Although the air conditioning in the bus broke down just minutes after leaving the port,the tour itself was nice.

With 7 ships in port, we were aware that the island would be crowded, and it was!!!! With only 15-passengers on our excursion, however, it made for a good day.

"Scheister" did a great job of providing my family with personal attention at Stingray City, even though the area was packed.

Despite the bus troubles, I would continue to recommend Nativeway.

• 11 months later...

We arrived in Grand Cayman and had pre-booked an excursion with another tour company which we could not find. A Native Way representative approached us and we told them we were already booked with another tour company but could not find them. They responded by asking the price of the excursion and offered for one of our group of 4 to go for free. We accepted this offer and split the savings. It saved our group $5 each off of the original company's price.

The tour we went on was fantastic. From the nice bus to a nice under crowded boat. We went and swam with the stingrays and snorkeled. It was a great experience that offered personal attention for all to enjoy the stingrays. Everyone had the opportunity to hold the stingrays with our captain (I believe his name was Dave) helping aid with this. Very comforting for all those that were squeemish.

Although the water was rough that day for snorkeling we felt very safe as Dave and his crew took precautions by placing a life ring on a rope for insecure swimmers. They also had life preservers for those that were unsure about their swimming abilities. We had one passenger that got quite scared in the water and Dave and his crew helped the guest back to the boat and calmed the poor lady down. They even let her steer the boat for a moment under their supervision.

Overall, I highly recommend booking with this tour company. You can even book on the day of as we did and save searching for your booked company. Although, it may be cheaper to book in advance. I would personally just book right from the pier again as the cost isn't that much different. Plus you could probably negotiate as we did.

Archived