Special Diets on Ship

tarababy18

Some friends are traveling with my bf and i on our next cruise and one is lactose intolerant and i was wondering if anyone knew what the lactose intolerant food on the ship consisted of? If you put down a specialty diet, can you also order regular things on the menu in the dining room?

thanks in advance :)

From RCI's website

If you have special dietary needs for your upcoming cruise.

Royal Caribbean International makes every effort to accommodate our guests' dietary requirements whenever possible. We can accommodate special needs such as, Food Allergies, Gluten-free, Vegetarian (except for vegan/macrobiotic) Low-fat, Low-Sodium, Lactaid/Soy Milk, Ensure, and Kosher meals at no extra charge. All guests must do is notify us at least 45 days prior to sailing. Here's how it works:

Send an email that includes the guests' names, reservation ID number, ship's name and voyage date to one of the addresses listed below.

Food allergies - foodallergies@rccl.com

Kosher meals - kosher@rccl.com

Indian-style vegetarian meals - Indianvegetarian@rccl.com

Gluten-free/celiac meals - glutenfree@rccl.com

Fax requests may be sent to 305-539-6018 Attn: Special Meals Request

E-mails will receive an automated response. Faxed requests will also receive a response provided the guest provides an email address. We kindly ask that guests do not call Royal Caribbean International suppliers with specific questions.

Special meal requests that are faxed or e-mailed less 45 days of sailing are dependent on the ship's product availability. We will try to accommodate to the best of our ability.

Also when they board go to where the Head waiter/Mait'd is from about 1 pm - 4 pm (usually a dining Room) the first day and ensure that they know. Your friend should be given a copy of the next days menu to choose what he/she wants so that it can be made up as per instructions. Ie no milk products in the soups.

I'm diabectic and I aways check to ensure that they were told. She/he may have to order for that night right there.

I was just on the Enchantment and a lady at our table was allergic to wheat. The head waiter was awesome and made sure she got what she needed. Each night she had to double check what was in each item (one night there were noodles in the soup by accident) but RCI made every effort to accomodate her.

Truthfully, I have never seen a header waiter be as responsive as the one we had.

You can fill out the email for allergies but nothing will happen with it. You still have to be the one to look out for yourself. My daughter is allergic to peanuts I filled out the form but they said nothing. I had to let them know. Its not like they know at the table.

Archived