packing suggestions

Chelsea_mom

Hi all,

I am sure that this has been discussed before, so I apologize in advance! I have searched through about 5 pages of postings and found nothing and when I try to use the search function, all I get is a blank screen!

My family is going to be on the Dec 2 sailing of the Veendam to the Western Caribbbean. We are trying to figure out exactly what to pack. Mostly summer weight clothes, I take it? Would a single sweater/fleece do in case it gets cool in the evening?

I know that I have seen some wonderful packing lists on these boards, but I can not seem to find the links. If you know of a link to a packing list that you like, could you post it?

Thanks!

Thanks! This got me to the list that I had seen before. I much appreciate it.

Do we need more than a single sweater for the Western Caribbean in December? I'm really just worried about night time temps outside and what the air conditioning is like inside.

Thanks!

Just back from the Veendam western sailing--you will have a wonderful time. I took a sweater and was glad I had it. One should be all you need and you will probably only need it in the public rooms on the ship. The AC can be vigorous! I needed something over my shoulders in the dining room each evening--so if you don't have sleeves, a wrap or sweater is called for.

As for needing it in port--highly unlikely. The tropics are still tropical even in December! The only time we were at all chilled was on a speedboat in Guatemala coming back to the ship at the end of the day. We were wet -- just wrapped a towel around us to cut the breeze! Enjoy your trip. Marti

I would include a rain jacket (in a pouch if possible) and a small travel umbrella or two for shore excursions. If you are traveling in an S suite there are umbrellas in the room for your use but they are BIG. We have always run into a shower or 2 in Florida and in the Caribbean in the winter and spring.

GN

Thank you! Rain coats, umbrellas, and one light wrap it is!!!

Now if we can just figure out how to carry all of my toddler's stuff. ;) I swear that her stuff takes up as much volume as ours does...

I have a lot of organizing to do this coming week! Only a week and a half to go, then out of cloudy, chilly NYC and on to the Caribbean. :D

Archived