Can Parents Stay w/ Child in Camp Carnival?

jdfcruisers

We're planning our first cruise with our DD, who is 2yrs old, on Carnival Imagination in January. Although I am more open to the idea, DH does not want to leave her in Camp Carnival, but wants to stay there with her and play with her. Does anyone know if this is allowed? I thought I read somewhere else that they kicked parents out. Thanks for any info....also if you've had a very young child in Camp Carnival and could give me a review, that'd be great, too!

I am pretty sure they DO kick the parents out. It's more of a security issue then anything else. If there are unknown adults wandering around then how would you be able to tell who belongs there and who doesn't?

As an EXTREMLY over-protectant parent myself, I can tell you that the first time I ever dropped my child off in a kid's club, I was a nervous mess. But I kept checking in...got more and more comfortable with the situation and you know what....she LOVED it.

You will have a pager in case your child needs you. And you can check in to make sure all is well.

I can asssure you, your child will do better than your husband will. :D

Oh and just to add...there ARE family activities onboard Carnival ships. Like I read about some of the ships having Build A Bear as a family activity. But check the Capers (Ship's Daily Newsletter) for the family events offered. He may be more comfortable doing that together then just dropping her off.

Now I'm interested in this too - I hadn't thought about it because Princess allows one parent to be with their child in the kids program. We're taking a Carnival cruise right after my twins' 2nd birthday in January, and I just assumed I could stay with them while they get used to the program - not true? They're going in any case, but now I wonder if we won't have a warm up period.

Best,

Mia

Now I'm interested in this too - I hadn't thought about it because Princess allows one parent to be with their child in the kids program. We're taking a Carnival cruise right after my twins' 2nd birthday in January, and I just assumed I could stay with them while they get used to the program - not true? They're going in any case, but now I wonder if we won't have a warm up period.

Best,

Mia

Best,

Mia

You can't stay with your child at Camp Carnival, they do have a play time from noon to 2:00 pm, but I believe it was for children under 2. We cruised in May with our 2 year old and I was hesitant about using Camp Carnival, but after taking him there a couple of times and him then asking to go back I felt comfortable leaving him there. You will receive a pager just in case they need you, I would also call and check on him. On embarkation day they have a sign up for Camp Carnival, we missed the early one but they had second sign up in the Playroom later and you could use that one to familiarize you child to the Counselors and Playroom. Look in the Capers for the times and locations.

We haven't gone on a Carnival ship since 2002 but I remember not being able to even enter the kids' room. You go to the gate and you can see in but the counselors will hand you the clipboard to sign out your child, they open the door and you leave with your child. Maybe it's changed since then.

I have to say that staying with your child at the camp is not necessarily a good thing. We just got off the Celebrity Constellation where we were allowed to go in with our 3 year old. He would not let me leave. We were on Carnival a couple of months ago and I was not allowed to go in with him and he went right in, with a little hesitation and had a great time. There was another difference, on Carnival the group was 2-5 and even somewhat separated within the group and X it was 3-6 all mixed and mostly 5-6 year olds. So that could have been the reason too. So I had to stay with him everytime I brought him to the Fun Factory. I think if I just let him go he would have been ok. But if I have the option to stay to help him adjust, I cant say no, that's just my neurotic issue.

I do remember that the first day on Carnival, if you got there early enough you could go in for a little while. We got there too late for that.

I have to say that staying with your child at the camp is not necessarily a good thing. We just got off the Celebrity Constellation where we were allowed to go in with our 3 year old. He would not let me leave. We were on Carnival a couple of months ago and I was not allowed to go in with him and he went right in, with a little hesitation and had a great time. There was another difference, on Carnival the group was 2-5 and even somewhat separated within the group and X it was 3-6 all mixed and mostly 5-6 year olds. So that could have been the reason too. So I had to stay with him everytime I brought him to the Fun Factory. I think if I just let him go he would have been ok. But if I have the option to stay to help him adjust, I cant say no, that's just my neurotic issue.

I do remember that the first day on Carnival, if you got there early enough you could go in for a little while. We got there too late for that.

Exactly, it kind of like the first day of preschool or kindergarten. Most kids go running off on their own and never look back. And if you happen to be a parent who lingers a little longer than the rest, they you could get stuck staying for the first day of school. ;)

I learned a long time ago that it's easier to drop them off and walk away like everything is great and wonderful. If you show doubt, then the child will pick up on that doubt and will be fearful of the situation. And then of course, I peek the corner when they aren't looking. :)

Archived