Looking for cabin info on the Coral Princess

bjkTX

We have cruised 4 times, all on Princess, all on "Grand" class ships, all in mini-suites. I am about to book a 15 day Panama Canal cruise for April 2008 (I know it makes me sick to have to wait that long) on the Coral.

My TA has given me a price quote for AC-AA minis (all the same price) and the highest category balcony cabin.

I'm used to the layout of decks and cabins/balconies on the Grand class ships - but have no real idea (yet) about what are good cabins, or areas to get a cabin on the Coral. I don't care if the balcony is covered or not - so that's not an issue for us.

Any hints, tips, suggestions from the experts???

Thanks.

Coral is a neat ship - I much prefer it (and her sis Island) to the larger Grand class vessel.

Were I booking a mini, I'd be looking at an AB on Dolphin Deck, between the forward and midships elevator banks. That is handy to the main dining room, the main show lounge, and Horizon Court.

You are going to love the Coral. She is our favorite ship. Just the rieght size(1950) passengers and the best part is that she can go through the canal. Those larger ships cannot. With that said one of our fellow Princess cruisers did a map of the Coral. it is excellent. Here is the site.

Marilyn

Howdy my wife and I have been on the Coral twice and we ask for c-310 which is mid ship and on the bump out at the very end of the bump out giving great vision going through the cannal. This balcony room has a roof overhead that alot of the mini's do not have so if it rains which it does you can still be outdoors, the mini's however are not covered. The room is quiet and near the elevators so everything seems close. The Coral has been our favorite ship so far and we hope to get back to her in 2007. Good luck

We have cruised 4 times, all on Princess, all on "Grand" class ships, all in mini-suites. I am about to book a 15 day Panama Canal cruise for April 2008 (I know it makes me sick to have to wait that long) on the Coral.

My TA has given me a price quote for AC-AA minis (all the same price) and the highest category balcony cabin.

I'm used to the layout of decks and cabins/balconies on the Grand class ships - but have no real idea (yet) about what are good cabins, or areas to get a cabin on the Coral. I don't care if the balcony is covered or not - so that's not an issue for us.

Any hints, tips, suggestions from the experts???

Thanks.

Hi Just got off the Coral on a B2B (10 +10) Both Panama Canal trips. We were in C727:) (Uncovered Last Mini Starboard w/ oversized rounded Balcony side & Aft) & E737:) (Covered Last Reg Balc Starboard w/oversized rounded Balc side & Aft). You would love C727 or C728(Port) or E737 or E736(Port side)

Also the Caribe Aft open Public Deck is the Best Aft for Viewing, right next to your Cabin, Wide, Covered & Uncrowded & Loungers, Never Full! ;)

Those four "Aft" cabins are the Best on the Coral(IMHO) There are No true AFT cabins on the Coral/Island in any Class.;)

You will love the Coral!

Bill

We too just got off the Coral (sailed with Bill above) and chose the BA over the AA-AC. Why? Bigger balcony. BAs on Caribe deck have a double size balcony while the minis have a standard or smaller balcony, with the extra sq footage inside - you trade a couch in your room for the balcony space. We actually turned down an upgrade to mini cause we wanted the balcony space, and after sailing determined we made the right choice.

We too just got off the Coral (sailed with Bill above) and chose the BA over the AA-AC. Why? Bigger balcony. BAs on Caribe deck have a double size balcony while the minis have a standard or smaller balcony, with the extra sq footage inside - you trade a couch in your room for the balcony space. We actually turned down an upgrade to mini cause we wanted the balcony space, and after sailing determined we made the right choice.

Hi 2Ports,:) I agree, it all depends on your desires!;)

We are "AFT Lovers" as you can tell, & the View of the Huge Canal Gates Closing & Filling up behind you "ain't bad" either!:D Reg Balc E737-6 or Mini Balc C727-8, it's your pick, or Somewhere up in the Middle or Forward?

My Best!

Bill (Land-locked in Lovely NC Mountains on a Lake:rolleyes: )

but, we Fly to Rome on Thursday to Join the Golden for a TA to N.O., USA:eek:

Howdy my wife and I have been on the Coral twice and we ask for c-310 which is mid ship and on the bump out at the very end of the bump out giving great vision going through the cannal. This balcony room has a roof overhead that alot of the mini's do not have so if it rains which it does you can still be outdoors, the mini's however are not covered. The room is quiet and near the elevators so everything seems close. The Coral has been our favorite ship so far and we hope to get back to her in 2007. Good luck

I wish you were going when we are instead of November. It would be nice to have some fellow PUNAS with us.

Bill, Lindanick says that our cabin on the Coral (D417) is partially covered. We chose that cabin for several reasons:

1) It is a mini so you know how much room it has and you know how big I am. I just can't see trying to shower in a phone booth.

2) It is partially covered.

3) It's midship so we don't get as much movement or noise.

4) It's close to the elevators which helps with Claudia being disabled.

5) It's an easy number to remember because we had that same cabin number on the Caribbean Princess.

Rick

This will be our first time on Princess, we are sailing on Coral to Panama canal Dec /2007, I have cabin Caribe 502 booked is that an end bump it looks like there is one more on the end , I would like an end bump out, can anyone tell me if 502 is the correct one for us. Thanks

sailorwife:confused:

If you want to see all the activity directly below you while going through the locks D deck is your best choice. Decks A, B, & C are stepped back so

you don't have a view straight down as you do on D deck. Cabins D416,417,503 & 504 are below the bump out, therefore they are covered. We were in D417 and loved it. The Coral is a great ship.

Archived