Aquarium's Sunday BBQ

either-oar

We'll be in Grenada on Sunday December 10th from 10:30 to 6:00pm and are wondering if the Aquarium's Sunday BBQ is a feasible destination for our day.

We're sure it will be a nice beach-day regardless, but can anyone enlighten us as to the time the actual BBQ begins ? We understand there is live music as well. We're not sure if we'll miss this with our limited schedule.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

E

• 1 month later...

Got a reply from them this morning.... I'm starting to have second thoughts...I can almost picture a mob-scene.:confused: And, I'm not going to make reservations when I haven't even seen the place or beach yet. Anyway.... here it is:

-----Original Message-----

Sent: 15 January 2007 15:20

To: aquarium@caribsurf.com

Subject: Cruise Passenger- SUN. BBQ?

Hi there-

Tell me about your Sunday BBQ.... hours, price? Your property looks gorgeous!

Where exactly are you located? Grand Anse? Morne Rouge?

Many thanks for any feedback! Look forward to visiting you!

Nanette M

The BBQ starts at noon on Sundays and goes through till 9pm. It is very busy and you will need to reserve. The menu is a la carte bbq (you pick what meat/fish etc you want) with sides and a good variety salad buffet. Due to the busyness of this day we cannot guarantee having all the dishes.

We are located left up the hill after the airport and our place is sign posted on the right, then drive down the hill to park, alternatively excess parking is at the top by the hexagonal office and then you can walk down. We are located on Magazine beach on the same road as La Source Hotel.

Regards,

Rebecca Thompson

Kuhn-Thompson Investments Inc.

P.O.Box 496

St.Georges G.P.O.

GRENADA W.I.

Tel: 473 444 2355

Cell: 473 416 6209

DH and I were on Grenada on Sunday January 7th. We went to the Aquarium Beach Bar and Restaurant.

The beach is lovely, rental loungers and snorkel gear at reasonable prices. We brought our own snorkel gear. However, the tides were strong, large waves and vicious undertow. Snorkeling was good, not great. The undertow and waves negatively impacted the clarity of the water. The undertow and beach break of the waves was sooo strong, it was difficult to exit the water, we kept getting knocked over and ended up crawling "crab back" out of the water.

Now on to the "beach lobster bbq". I definately had the wrong impression. To me a beach bbq is a casual affair, even if it is lobster. This is no casual affair! Reservations are a must, it is a mob scene! We did eventually secure a table without a reservation. I thought the quality of the food only fair to good. I had the BBQ lobster, a very small lobster at that, served with a smear of garlic butter, I've had much better. The salad buffet was a la carte and again was only ok. DH had BBQ Ribs and french fries. Again the Ribs were only OK to poor. Fries were...well Fries. Rum Punch was delicious and strong. Service was slow. DH did not get his second beer till we went to the bar to pay as our cab had returned for us....he took the beer to go!

The restaurant is lovely in a gorgeous beach setting. I would not return. YMMV

• 2 weeks later...

Archived