Where to go in Ocho Rios?

wildthang2006

Wildthang, my first time in Ocho Rios we did the Dunns river falls and catamaran excursion and I think it was worth it. I may just do it again in April with my DD as she has never been on cruise, but its up to her

Come back to the 4/14/07 roll call...there were several going but I think thats the one to use. I check in about ever day....so any questions I'd be happy to answer if I can:)

MAO

Docking in Ocho Rios. Where should I go for excursions? I thought maybe

River tubing down the White River and then Dunn's River Falls. Anyone do either of these?

We did both of those with Peat Taylor. Could not have enjoyed everything more. Full review at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=447306

Contact Mark Morris for a tour of Jamaica. We just used him last week. He is the best. He will take you where ever you want to go and even make suggestions on things not to miss. We used him for a trip to Dunns RIver where he arranged for a private guide. He has a brand new large air conditioned van. You wont go wrong. He made our trip to Ochos Rios one of our favorite stops.

• 2 weeks later...

last friday we did this tour. the catamaran,snorkel & dunn river falls. It was our favorite trip on the whole cruise. we had 8 people in our group--only 2 others were on the catamaran, so basically we had a private catamaran for the day,what a great surprise. they even let us take a turn at the wheel driving it. rum punch was served & fruit punch. rum punch was strong & it did not take much to make you feel real good. crew did some fishing as we sailed to dunn river falls-did not catch anything, but they said that the day before they had caught a tuna fish the size of our 9yr old daughter. dunn river falls was great--a guide met us at the pier & encouraged us to bring our video camera. he guided us up the falls & also carried our video camera & stopped many times to video us & take our pictures with our own camera. other photographer were offering to tape us & then sell us a video for $50. guide was very experienced & told us everywhere to place our feet as we climbed the falls. we got the video on our own camera,an experienced guide & for just a tip. We were very happy with trip. my daughter even got her hair braided while we were driving to & from the falls, by the bar tender. the crew was great with the 4 kids. they took them up front of the boat & let them watch off the front of the boat while we were driving. the crew also took us on a private snorkeling trip, no other groups were near us. the guys dove down & got us sand dollars, urchins & brought up all kind of sea life for us to see. on the drive back to our ship the crew took us out front & danced with us & taught us some jamacain dancing. my husband is not usually a great tipper, but he was more than happy to tip this crew well--we were all impressed by this trip. we recommend it for sure!! Have fun--

Archived