Junior Suite on the Empress OTS -- Storage?

Rumncoke

Hi,

What is the storage like in a Jr. Suite on the Empress? How many drawers/shelves are there? Didn't see many drawers in the pix I've seen. Is there shelving in the closet?

What are the bathrooms like? Shower curtains or doors?

Any other comments about the Empress are welcome!

Thanks, haven't been on RCI for a while.

Hi Rumncoke,

We are in a JS on the Empress in two weeks, and I perused the CC board to find out about the "suite".. A member posts:

"There was a walk in closet with about 24 hangers. A night stand and small dresser with three drawers. Vanity, mirror opened up to more shelving." I pared the post down, but it sounds like there is ample storage. We were in an oceanview last December on the Empress, and had plenty of drawer space, and we cruised for 11 days. Brought an over the door shoe hanger for various bathroom necessities. Also,there was a shower curtain in the bathroom.

We really enjoyed her so much, as I said, we are going again in December.

I am sure you will get some first hand reports. Happy Sailing!

Helen

Thanks Laoghaire,

I hope you write a detailed review when you get back. Walk in closet sounds great and nice to hear you like the ship so much. Too bad about the shower curtain, I've been spoiled by NCL's shower doors.

Any more JS vets?

Me too. We're going on the Empress in April for our first RCCL cruise, and I've read many frightening things about those shower curtains.:eek::)

And it is all true. They will sneak up and grab you when you least expect it. :eek:

Get some coat hanger plastic clips in WalMart that are in the coat hanger/laundry bag area and clip them on the bottom of the curtain. Clothes pins will work also. That will prevent the curtain from becoming too "touchy feely". :D

Plenty of hanging area, but I wish there was a shelf in the closet.

I suggest bringing one of those organizers that you can put clothes in, something like this.

http://www.creativespacesusa.com/browseproducts/Cappuccino-Shelf-Hanging-Sweater-Organizer.HTML

Good luck in the shower.. If you are on deck 9 it will be triangular is shape and the curtain loves to hit you:D

EOS is our favorite. Sorry to burst any bubbles, but not even the Owner's Suite we were in on EOS had a walk in closet. That poster must have been refering to the Royal Suite. Here's a pic of a Jr, straight from the RCCL web site. It's equivalent to an 'Outer with balcony' on their newer ships.

shp_ne_jun-suite_img_305.jpg.55d8bdf38016b1ad9e7b7f636ec555fb.jpg

Archived