Upgrade from balcony to mini-suite

chicaletta

With all the talk of upgrades, is it ever possible to get an upgrade from balcony to mini-suite?? I was told by TA that I was "upgraded" from a BC to BE, but to me it looked like we just got moved to mid-ship.

Since it will be my wedding/honeymoon cruise I want it to be very special. Those mini-suites look great and I'm debating on changing rooms on my own or should I keep hoping the upgrade fairy looks upon me??

I love minisuites - even though the additional square footage is not alot - the extra space really makes a difference to me.

Usually upgrades within the same type of cabin results in a more favorable location on the ship - i.e. more midship - less motion.

Don't count on the cruise line to upgrade you because it's your honeymoon. Often there are hundreds of honeymooning couples on the cruise. If it's within your budget - I would say upgrade to the mini.

Congratulations on your wedding!

We got upgraded from a balcony to a mini on the Grand a few years ago. We did book early and our TA was giving us price updates along the way as we moved up the scale. We went from a BC to BA, then AE, then a few more to and at AB. This happened over a few months. So it can happen, but that was the last time that the upgrade fairy made a real difference. Other upgrades have been up a notch or two within a category only.

Archived