Zuiderdam Nov 11-18

missygirl

We arrived at the port and was onboard by 11:45, smoothest embarkation so far. Naturally straight to the Lido to start the never ending display of food, more on that later. Around 1:30 it was announced that the cabins were ready. We were in 8013 and had Andi as our cabin steward. He is just starting as a passenger steward and was so sweet and willing to serve us, we had no problems and was very satisified with him.

Our first sea day I had set up a meet and greet with HAL which had a very low attendance. Mark Pells, the hotel manager and Christian Carbillet, the excutive chef stopped by to introduce themselves. Mark actually sat with us and answered any questions that we had. He also invited us to a Captain's VIP cocktail party and we were offered hot and cold hors d'oeuvres, champagne, wine and bar drinks. Thanks again Mark. All that attended I truly enjoyed meeting you and you never know when we may be cruising together again. Lets keep in touch.

If you have sailed with HAL in the past the food in the Lido and at the midship grill is the same, very good with good service. We used room service a few times and I can say it was perfect, nothing left out and cooked exactully as I had ordered it. Even the room service manager came up to us in the dining room just to make sure that we were happy with what we had ordered that morning, now that is service. In the main dining room we were at table 141 and had Andri as our main server, Andry as his assistant, and Yevette as the wine steward, they were fantastic. We could not have asked for any better service. This was our third HAL cruise and I have never been on a ship that you see so many smiling faces and people wanting and willing to serve you. The food in the dining room was very good my favorite being the surf and turf. One afternoon on Lido aft by the pool we had a kabobs of chicken and steak and on Tortola evening midship Lido we had a Bar-B-Que sailaway. The chocolate extravaganza had many different desserts and ice cream.

Entertainment: The ship shows with the singers and dancers was good. We had a guest singer, comedien and magician. The ship's cruise staff put on their "idol' which was both funny and had good singers. I enjoyed the not so newleywed game and pool games.

Debarkation was a breeze, we were in our car at 8:45 and on our way back to the real world.

Looking forward to our next cruise....

Missygirl:)

Thanks missygirl for making the time to share your cruise with us. I am glad that you were so pleased with everything. Funny how you had the brass at your Meet and Greet but not passengers when the opposite sometimes happens on other cruises. And yeah, being asked about your room service breakfast while is the dining room is indeed special. I have a feeling you are a lot of fun to sail with. Hope to have the opportunity of doing so with you, one day.

Hammybee,

I can attest that you would enjoy cruising with missygirl...I certainly did!

I will get my thoughts together and post a review soon, but I can say that we had a great cruise on the Zuiderdam. The personal attention from Mark Pells, who attended out Meet & Greet really enhanced our cruise experience. It was our first cruise with HAl and will not be our last.

Thanks missygirl for your quick review. My wife and I sail on the Zuiderdam on 11/25 and are looking forward to it very much. We have sailed on Veendam and if this cruise is like that one I know we will enjoy it very much. Will post my thoughts upon return.

Thanks for the review. We'll be sailing on the Zuidy in 12 days!! You've got me more excited, if that's possible.

Just tell me there is plenty of mexican food or pizza for my hubby and it will be perfect.

Your husband will be happy because they have mexican out at the midship pool grill and pizza in the Lido every day that we were there.

Have fun.

Missygirl

Missygirl...

We are cruising Zuiderdam Dec 2nd, and are in the cabin next to the one you were in, Can you give any details about your cabin and balcony?

Thanks,

Tracy :o

Hi Tracy,

Well I'll start as you enter, their are three closets one with a safe and we had plenty of storage. There are two drawers under the bed also. The bathroom had a tub but not a lot of counter space, but a shelf under the sink. The bed is a king-size and the most comfortable since HAL has upgraded their mattresses and bedding. You will have a loveseat, chair, table, a desk area with a make-up mirror and fridge. The balcony has a clear glass not a steal one and two chairs and table. If I have left anything out, sorry.

One more thing, we had Andi as our cabin steward and as I said before we were #8013 so if you have him tell him the couple that was in that cabin the first week that he was a passenger steward that we said hello. That was the first week that he had started, before that he had been a officers cabin steward. He is so sweet and and when we told him that we had praised him on our comment card he just kept thanking us over and over.

Have a good trip.

Missygirl:)

Archived