Cat 2 Millennium Help Needed

TonyaH

I just found out that our TA has us on level 2 inside! We have never been this low before. She said they overbooked the inside cabins and this was the best she could do! I'm not happy, but don't know if I want to pay the extra money to upgrade now. Any ideas or help??

Thanks

Hi you are on deck 2 which is the lowest passenger deck. Are there higher inside rooms available? Normally the difference in price is only about £20 per category or so and you could up grade to a higher deck. I have never been on such a low deck but I know people who have been and some say they are aware of engine noise or vibration. Millennium has Pods and I am not sure how this would be. I don't like to be too far aft on a low deck. Speak to your TA and see what she can do for you.

Sue

Don't think that's correct - that deck 2 is crew's quarters. The Continental deck cabins all begin with a "2", and there are both inside and outside staterooms on that deck.

There may be more noise, but it's probably more motion-less than an upper deck, especially if you are located midships.

I was in a "2" inside cabin for my 12 day Med cruise on Millie...It wasn't noisy except when they had to anchor & tender us in rather than being able to dock. Then it was just noisy around 7 AM when they were dropping anchor (and maybe when they pulled it up, but I never heard that) Otherwise, it was a nice, peaceful cabin.

Cat 2 Millennium Help Needed

I just found out that our TA has us on level 2 inside! We have never been this low before. She said they overbooked the inside cabins and this was the best she could do! I'm not happy, but don't know if I want to pay the extra money to upgrade now. Any ideas or help??

Thanks

Your title was a little misleading. A cat (which stands for category) 2 cabin on the Millennium class ships are verandah cabins- there are 2A,2B, and 2C cabins depending on deck.

You must have a cabin on the deck with cabin number beginning with 2. Celebrity cabin categories rank from 2 through 12 with a cat 12 being the cheapest inside and cat 2 being a verandah. The room numbers range from starting with a 2 on the lowest cabin deck to starting with a 10 on the highest cabin deck.

Archived