Anyone recently parasailed in Acapulco?

familyplanner

• 6 months later...

There are parasail operators along many parts of the beach area in Acapulco. The operator attaches the parachute to the rear of a power boat, the boat pulls you up into the air and then you circle the bay (Bahia Santa Lucia) for about 20 minutes. I'm very familiar with the popular (with foreigners) beach at Playa Condesa, where one or two of these operations exist. Closest to the cruise ship terminal will be Playa Papagayo, and you'll find someone offering this service there, also. I don't recall the price of one of these trips. As you walk the beaches in Acapulco you'll encouter men offering these trips, cocktail cruises on the bay, jet ski rides, banana boat rides, etc. The men will take you to the closest location for these things (usually a very short walk), and they're paid a commission from someone for doing that (you don't have to pay them - the "guides" - for anything).

In December we were told to go the ritz hotel, about a five minute cab ride 20 minute walk. The cost was $25-30 per person. We were hoping to do it from the beach, but ended up on a platform about 20 feet from shore which was easy enough to take off and land on. Have fun!!!:D

• 1 month later...
In December we were told to go the ritz hotel, about a five minute cab ride 20 minute walk. The cost was $25-30 per person. We were hoping to do it from the beach, but ended up on a platform about 20 feet from shore which was easy enough to take off and land on. Have fun!!!:D

How large is the platform? Would you still prefer the beach deal?

Becca23 - I was just wondering, you said you were sailing the Spirit on 11/10, do you mean the Carnival Spirit?? Bc that is the boat I am on out of San Diego but we are leaving 11/14, so I was wondering if we were on the same ship. I know the Pride is leaving LA on 11/11.

Most of the parasailing I've seen in Acapulco has been done from the sandy beach, not a platform. You'll encounter many "touts" along the waterfront who will offer to sell you whichever of the services you might be interested in - if you don't see/hear of a parasail operation on the sand simply tell one of the touts that's what you want. Playa Condesa has a couple of sand-based parasailing operations, as does the beach near the Hyatt Hotel, closer to Playa Icacos. Also, there's parasailing on the beach next to Playa Condesa - in front of the Hotel Emporio complex.

Becca23 - I was just wondering, you said you were sailing the Spirit on 11/10, do you mean the Carnival Spirit?? Bc that is the boat I am on out of San Diego but we are leaving 11/14, so I was wondering if we were on the same ship. I know the Pride is leaving LA on 11/11.

My sail date is 11/6/07...And port in Acapulco 11/9.12 Noon...and leave 11/10 @ 1 AM....

Archived