Also just back from Miracle 11/12-19 !!

FLA Indy

Just back from the Miracle! I actually liked the dining room decor and was expecting something differant after reading so many reviews about it. The ship was very nice but the ceilings felt low and the hallways were narrow compared to other cruise ships we've been on.

I liked the 2 production shows but was very dissapointed with the entertainment the other nights. Some nights they had nothing except a late show and we always do early seating and don't go to shows at 10:30 or midnight. One night all they had was a game show thing in the main lounge that was all we had to do. My main gripe is if Carnival expected us to be our own entertainment that they should at least give out prizes for people who participated and the winners. It would not cost much to give out some T-shirts or a bottle of wine. I am not sure why that bugged me so much but it did. I would think they would want to advertise with T-shirts or hats that people would wear long after the cruise. Who wants a plastic ship on a stick that just gets thown away.

Grand Cayman was nice as always, we took a taxi to 7 mile beach and walked around the shops.

Cozemel was not as crowded as the last few times we were there, hit the shops early and started at the end of the Forum shops and they were nice and quiet and it was not too hot. As the day went on it got more crowed and hotter so I would suggest if you don't have an early trip planed to shop early. Lot's of time share people around and they were a bit of a pain to get rid of.

Belize was the only stop we booked a trip through the cruise, we snorkled at the reef and also at a spot where there were sting rays and nurse sharks. The water at the reef was very rough even though the weather was perfect (we heard it rained on the main land). But if you did not want to follow the tour guide out to the reef there was plenty to see just near the boat so that's what I did with a few other people since I am not a very strong swimmer. We never actually touched ground in Belize since the snorkle boat picked us up right from the ship and then we picked up 20 more from the Valor.

Costa Maya was great for people who just like to shop and not have to take a taxi. Plenty of shops right off the pier, mostly with all the same type of things we saw in Cozemel and a bit more expensive. We walked around and found some informations booths that were selling tours. For $40.00 total my husband and I got transportation to the Tecquilla beach club that had a small beach, restrooms, bar, restaraunt and snorkle trips. We were on a nice platoon boat with a total of 9 people and one captain who spoke very little English. He took us to a great snorkle area and we had about 45 mins or more in the water. It was maybe one of the best snorkle trips I've had...so many fish and bright colors. It was really nice and you can not beat the price. Once back to the beach we could stay there as long as we wanted and the taxi ride back to the ship was included.

The dining room staff was so good! We had the best servers Danjella and Verdan who were the best. Perfect service and very pleasant. I was impressed with the food, my husband thought the portions were smaller than normal but no problem since most people just ordered and second one anyway. I even though the buffets for lunch were better than other cruise lines.

All in all a very good cruise for the money. Since we now live 30 mins from Tampa it was even better. We did the self assist getting off the ship on Sunday. The only problem with that was people stated to get in line at 7:00 and we did not get off till 8:30 so the line was so long...all the way down the mid ship to the very back and people were getting aggrivated. But once they stated to let us off the line went very fast. Customs did not check anything and we all few by. My suggestion...don't worry about being first in line to get off, relax someplace and once the line starts moving you will be off in no time. Leaving out of Tampa was a pleasure, such a nice port and very pretty area.

My report card:

Ship "A" for decor and cleanliness

Food "A" for quality and variety

Entertainment "A" for the only 2 production shows and and "D" for the rest since there really was not too much. Just my opinion since I did not see the balancing act or the juggler"

Service "A" in all dining areas and in general.

Pools "C" for size, very small. But there were always plenty of chairs around. I think the thought of $22 for a lost towel really works since people don't leave them on chairs they are not using.

Well that's it! it was a great week but back to work now !

The first day was at sea and the pools were crowded, being the first day and everyone wanted to get some sun. The last day was also a sea day but it was windy and a bit colder since a cold from was moving into the area and it's still here. Burrr it's only in the 60's. I never thought I'd say that living in NE all my life were we would love a 60 degree day in Nov. But this Florida weather the last year has really spoiled me :)

Archived