Touring with Cosol ???'s

CaribbeanCrazy

Does anyone know what his cancellation policy is if you need to cancel?

When you reserve do you give a credit card #?

Are Cosol and Yellowbird the only two drivers/guides? Or is there a chance we will end up with someone else as our guide?

Is there plenty of beer and rum punch to go around...or are you limited to 1 or 2 each?

How many passengers does he take per van?

Thanks

CaribbeanCrazy

Does anyone know what his cancellation policy is if you need to cancel?

When you reserve do you give a credit card #?

Are Cosol and Yellowbird the only two drivers/guides? Or is there a chance we will end up with someone else as our guide?

Is there plenty of beer and rum punch to go around...or are you limited to 1 or 2 each?

How many passengers does he take per van?

Thanks

CaribbeanCrazy

When we reserved, we didnt have to give any credit card information. Just said how many people were in our group, and Cosol emailed back the information to meet him.

I think Cosol and Yellowbird are the only two drivers...he may have one more driver helping him as well, I am not 100% sure. I think on our tour there were three vans that pretty much stuck together for most of the day, ours (with Cosol) Yellowbird and a third van...but I am not sure if the 3rd van was Cosols or just another tour guide that was friends with Cosol and went the same basic route.

There was plenty of Rum Punch, Beer, and other drinks. Also, you get plenty of snacks of local food along the way. There were 8-10 passengers in our van...but it was a very big van, so we werent "Squeezed" in at all.

Cosol gives a very good tour, and I highly recommend using him!

Cosol has six vans that he uses to cover ships and hotels.

YellowBird is his brother.

We paid cash at the end of our tour.

Our tour had eight people comfortably but I think we could have fit three more people. His van is new.

He had a cooler full of sodas, beer, bottled water and rum punch. At the end of the tour he gave out of bottles of beer to those who wanted it.

Hes a very nice guy and provides a great tour.

If you use him bring him apples from your ship as he will pay $1 per apple when he can get them.

Length of time depends as much on you as anything else. We were picked up at 8:30am. We went to a banana plantation, shopping, the drive in volcano, the waterfall and botanical gardens, and Marigot Bay on our tour. We were all tired (and one of us sick) so opted not to go to the beach or to the Rum factory even though we had plenty of time for both and Cosol would've gladly taken us there. We were back on the ship around 1:30pm. The day we did it, he had one of his drivers take another group snorkeling and then touring which is what they wanted to do. If you are concerned, email Cosol your questions. Give him a little time, but he'll get back to you. His son frequently is the one answering his emails for him.

How many hours is the tour? What were the stops? I just want to know where your basic tour takes you. Is there a guarantee that you get back to the ship in time? Thanks

Seasounds

check his detailed tour description on cosoltours.com ~ Els

One think I like is that you don't have to give a deposit to book his tour. So many other private tour operators require anywhere from 25-50% dep. If anything goes wrong and you can't make the tour...you lose your deposit in some cases. I think most of them will return your dep. if the ship doesn't stop at that port...but let's say you get sick at the last minute...you may be out of luck. Or it is a lousy day weather wise...and you don't feel like taking a tour in the pouring rain...you go or you loose your dep.(unless tour co. cancels...then you get it back)

The deposit issue is why I am usually hesitant to book a private tour in advance. I booked with Cosol without worry.:)

CaribbeanCrazy

Archived