Maz; PV; and Cabo --> Excursions NECESSARY??

herb

We have tentatively chosen a ship sponsored excursion for each of these ports of call, each one being the shortest "bus tour" type excursion. Reason being that my 83 yr. old mother will be joining us on our cruise, and she has limited mobility (walks slowly with a walker, and it takes her some time to get on and off a bus) & constantly "needs" to use the bathroom :eek:

Just wondering if it is possible to just get off the boat at each of these ports of call and walk around a bit, or will we just be looking at a pier terminal by doing that?

At Mazatlan you have to take an elephant train through the pier area. When you get off, there are numerous shops and tours to take. There is one we took going around Mazatlan for about $20 - some years ago. I was having knee trouble so stayed on the open-air bus much of the time.

In PV, there is a shopping mall a block from the ship.

In Cabo, you would need to tender in anyway. Nancy

We have tentatively chosen a ship sponsored excursion for each of these ports of call, each one being the shortest "bus tour" type excursion. Reason being that my 83 yr. old mother will be joining us on our cruise, and she has limited mobility (walks slowly with a walker, and it takes her some time to get on and off a bus) & constantly "needs" to use the bathroom :eek:

Just wondering if it is possible to just get off the boat at each of these ports of call and walk around a bit, or will we just be looking at a pier terminal by doing that?

In Mazatlan she would have to walk quite a distance to really see anything.

I suggest you either hire a private van at the terminal or book in advance a van with guide. With the two I have listed below you can make your own tour to fit your needs and time. Your mother would have to walk from ship to the tram, then through the terminal and shopping area (about 150 yards) to a waiting A.C. Van

King David E-mail kingdavid@mzt.megared.net.mx

Mazatlan Frank ( I do not have his current E-mail but if you look around

on forum pages you can find it)

I believe they also have wheelchairs available in the vans. Might ask them.

Have fun MazatlanMike

Archived