Anyone heard of "Passion Island"?

Donna42

Hi,

We went in February and I agree with the other posters. The island is beautiful, food great, etc., however I found the alcoholic drinks to be watered down and not all drinks were included in the price. If you wanted specialty drinks you had to pay extra. I didn't order any drinks that weren't included so I can't comment on how good they were. Other than that it was a great day.

We did not snorkel there. My husband went out and didn't see anything.

Was there snorkling? How much did you tip the guide in the end, is that per person? What can the kids do in the island. Is there a water trampoline? Are everybody just laying around? We have one person in our group that has a mobility problem, is it going to be hard to get her a place to sit and enjoy? what kind of food served? Thanks a bunch.

We never snorkeled on our trips to PI. I didn't really see a good place for that. The current was coming in pretty strong. We tipped the cooks $5 when we left and our guide $5 when we got back to town. I have to agreee the drinks weren't the best I ever had but it was all included in the price so I just drank up. But the food made up for it. We had chicken, mahi mahi, fruit, chips and the best gucamole ever. I ate until I couldn't eat any more. There was a bit more food, but this was all I remembered.

There are no water toys at Passion Island, the guides usually get a water balloon fight going. It is mostly about relaxing and just hanging out on the beach. You could bring an air mat with you and I'm sure the kids will like the water balloon fight. There is a big hut where the food is served that is nice and shaded. There are also some table areas in the shade but the rest of the area is just beach. When we went, there was a large lady in a wheelchair and guides went way beyond to accomodate her. Very nice people there. Helped her out of the boat and got her an area under a tree for her to stay. Believe me, on the sand this wasn't easy. I was very impressed with how they helped her.

If you want to just relax, this is a great place to go.

The only shade is near the eating area? Is there any shade closer to the water?

There were some tables away from the main eating area that were under trees but we spent the majority of the time by the water in the sun. We liked the excurison, thought it was a little expensive but looking at other excursion prices, maybe not. We'll be back in Cozumel in 2 weeks and if it was just my wife and I, we might go back but with our daughter going with us, there's not much for kids.

I saw another post about the water balloon fight. The guides did host some activities but we stayed by the water and had the beach to ourselves. It can be a very relaxing day.

• 1 month later...

We have been on the Island 3 times and have already booked it again on a cruise starting on September 10. It is a short bus ride (30 minutes) and a

short trip on a small ferry (10 minutes). You have an open bar throughout

the day as well as a nice lunch. You can walk down the beach to where it is

private or stay with everyone else. The is a small store there for buying small things like tee shirts and hats. You should check with Carnival again

because they have offered Pasion Isle in the past. Good Luck, you won't be disappointed if you can book it.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

We'll be on RCCL's JOS's. It says the tour leaves at 11:00. We're wondering what time we would get back. We have early seating for dinner. Also does it leave from the ship? We would like to do some shopping, before we go. I'm not sure where we dock. Our last two times there we were with Princess. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Is there a way to go to Passion Beach on your own if no excursion is offered through your ship? I will be on the Norwegian Spirit in March and don't see it listed as an option, but it sounds like what we are looking for. I went to their website, but really couldn't get much information that I needed - How much does it cost? Where do you go to get transportation there? etc. Do they have a local booth set up at the pier(s)? Any help would be appreciated.

(I posted this earlier and had the name as Passion Beach - my error - sorry). Is there a way to go to Passion Island on your own if no excursion is offered through your ship? I will be on the Norwegian Spirit in March and don't see it listed as an option, but it sounds like what we are looking for. I went to their website, but really couldn't get much information that I needed - How much does it cost? Where do you go to get transportation there? etc. Do they have a local booth set up at the pier(s)? Any help would be appreciated.

My only experience is booking thru my cruiseline(Carnival). I've seen it posted elsewhere about taking a cab to the ferry landing for Passion Island, then negotiating with the ferry crew for passage to the island, but I've never seen a review of anyone who has actually done this. We are returning to Passion Island for a second time next week. We love this excusion.

See my mini review posted under the "Best beach for food and drinks" thread.

Happy Cruising to all!

No worries... Passion Island isn't a long tour at all. We didn't want to leave b/c we only had 3 hours on the beach. LOL

I don't remember there being a band, but they did have recorded island music. The food was FANTASTIC and it was ALL you could eat. They also had an open bar as well as activites.

You will love Passion Island. See my mini review under the "Favorite beach for lunch/drinks " thread. The time on Passion Island is limited to 3 hours so the whole excusion is approximately 5 hours from pick-up at ship to return. You should be back around 330-4pm. Have a great time!

It can be done on your own if one they are not oversold, or two you take a private charter to get there. Personally I would not waste my money on the ships excursion. Its really not an island. Plenty of other nicer beaches and things to explore.

Archived