Humidity and hearing aids

madhouseinc

EEK!!!!:eek: Thought I had everything under control then I read something about the humidity affecting hearing aids. I live in the desert and not used to even thinking about it. Is there anything I can do to make sure I don't have a problem? One person said to put them at night in a small dish on top of the TV at night with it turned on - luckily I sleep with it on anyway so that is good.... will be in the Caribbean in January

Please - anyone help me?

I wear BTE hearing aids, this is my fifth cruise, I have never had a problem. I live in florida. I just use my Dry aid kit every night. mine cost about 10.00

You just pop the pillow pouch in the microwave for 2 min. let cool down, then place inside the container. Usually needs to re microwave it about every three weeks.

I wear BTE hearing aids, this is my fifth cruise, I have never had a problem. I live in florida. I just use my Dry aid kit every night. mine cost about 10.00

You just pop the pillow pouch in the microwave for 2 min. let cool down, then place inside the container. Usually needs to re microwave it about every three weeks.

Do you have to take the batteries out everynite?

• 3 weeks later...

I've used the dessicant container that Etoile mentioned for years and years with my BTE aids. It's attractive and very effective. When traveling, I do put a rubber band around it to keep the top on. I live in an arid climate, but perspiration happens anywhere, so I use it here and take it to Alaska as well as the Caribbean. Every night when I take the aids out, I wipe off the outside and open the battery compartment (a good idea no matter where you are).

• 4 weeks later...

I have had problems finding dri aid kits in my area even though we get very high humidity. One solution that works if you are unable to find a dri aid kit is to get two of the silica gel packets that are placed in boxes with new shoes in a plastic container with the hearing aids at night. This works for about two weeks. The silica gel packets are non rechargeable but new ones can always be found!

Archived