Latin Music and the Crown

premiumrican

Hello past Crown sailors from San Juan,

I have a question, I was on the repo cruise from NYC to San Juan. I had a great time on the ship. I have family members who live in Puerto Rico and are going on the New Year's Cruise. While I was on the Crown there wasn't a lounge dedicated to Latin music like RCL has on their ships from Miami and San Juan. Of course it was the repo cruise I wasn't expecting it.

I want to ask the cruisers that have sailed from San Juan these last few sailing have they dedicated a lounge to have latin music, since the Crown's home port is PR. Have they been making the announcements in both english and spanish?

I appreciate any responses

I was on the Crown last week, and yes, they had bands playing Latin music on various days throughout the week and in various lounges. There were some announcements in Spanish and English as well. If I recall correctly, there was even a show in the Explorer's Lounge that was entirely in Spanish.

Enjoy!

I'm delighted to hear about the Latin music, reading a recent post about the outdated music ie: electric slide and 50's and 60's oldies had me very concerned. Nighttime entertainment is a major factor in my cruise experience and fear Crown may be a letdown after RCI's Mariner of the Seas in the lounge department.

Archived