on board digital prints from camera?

LolaWiz

we are sailing before christmas and i wanted to take our christmas card photo on HMC with santa hats (yes, i am a loser :D )

anyways, i wanted to get them out as soon as possible so i was wondering if i can take my digital photos and print them on the ship in the photo gallery.

I do not recall if i saw anything on the Vista class ships that could print digital photos.

Does anyone know? or have any suggestions?

Yes, they can print them but it will be very expensive. You might be able to talk to the shop manager and get them to make you a special deal, but it will probably still be pretty pricey. Can you email the picture you want printed to someone and have them get the prints for you?

I don't know what your time frame is, but here's a suggestion.

Upload "THE SHOT" onto http://www.yahoo.com (you might want to check out the links below to my photos if you've never seen the site.)

Once that's done, you can order 4x6 prints for only 15 cents each to be delivered to you at home, upon your return.

(Or for 20 cents a print, you can pick them up at Target on the way home).

In the last month, I've gotten over 100 prints from them- they're great! Personally, I like the matte finish. (They offer glossy, as well).

So, if that's workable, maybe you can address your cards, fill 'em out, go on your cruise, return home and mail them with the photos.

(If I'm not mistaken, Yahoo will do photo Christmas cards, as well).

Good luck.... I leave a week from Friday, and I'm staring glummly at about 50 cards that I'll be mailing from Ft. Lauderdale on the 2nd. ;)

There's also Snapfish and KodakGallery for uploading pix and having the prints done cheaply (Snapfish being cheaper) and possibly having the prints arrive at your house before you do! Also they have agreements with CVS and Walgreens where you can pick up the prints locally when you get home. (I forget which drugstore goes with which on-line site, though.) And I'm sure you can get the prints made with Christmas borders if you want.

Here's another idea: I'm sure the ship photographer will be at the gangplank as you get off at HMC. Wear your hats getting off and buy his picture! S/he may even be able to offer a "deal" of some kind if you want a number of copies of it.

There's also Snapfish and KodakGallery for uploading pix and having the prints done cheaply (Snapfish being cheaper) and possibly having the prints arrive at your house before you do! Also they have agreements with CVS and Walgreens where you can pick up the prints locally when you get home. (I forget which drugstore goes with which on-line site, though.) And I'm sure you can get the prints made with Christmas borders if you want.

Here's another idea: I'm sure the ship photographer will be at the gangplank as you get off at HMC. Wear your hats getting off and buy his picture! S/he may even be able to offer a "deal" of some kind if you want a number of copies of it.

I did think about that, but that is gonna be a lot more than i wanted to spend. The only other thing i could think of is get one of those little printers that are portable and take it with us.

I might do that.

THanks for all the ideas though!

I did think about that, but that is gonna be a lot more than i wanted to spend. The only other thing i could think of is get one of those little printers that are portable and take it with us.

I might do that.

THanks for all the ideas though!

Where do you go after HMC? Maybe you could find a place ashore that has a print-it-yourself kiosk.

Yes, they can print them but it will be very expensive.

Are you sure? Last time I asked on the Amsterdam and they could not print pictures from a digital camera. They can only burn it on a cd. I'm not sure about the Vista Class.

Are you sure? Last time I asked on the Amsterdam and they could not print pictures from a digital camera. They can only burn it on a cd. I'm not sure about the Vista Class.

Come to think of it, maybe there was a do-it-yourself printer in the photo shop on the Noordam. Ask someone on a "live from the Noordam" type thread to check it out and get the prices if there is one. :)

They have computers, they have printers and they have card readers. So, yes, they can do it. Whether they will do it is another matter. You might first have to copy them to a CD and pay for that service and then talk them into printing copies of a picture on that CD. Some shop managers might be willing to do it, others may not want to bother with it.

As far as bringing a printer with you, you'll find that the cost of ink and photo paper is, most of the time, more costly than the 15 or 20 cents per picture that was mentioned above.

Archived