Tortola

Jett456

What to do? We are on the 7/26 Legend cruise and I am wondering about the choices of excursions. Virgin Gorda sounds great but I am thinking maybe just the island tour with cane gardens. Is this a beach stay also? Thanks.

We did Virgin Gorda and really loved it. The water was so warm and there were so many fish to see. We never did check out the caves,just stayed at the first beach we came to. Had a great time but the time spent ther was way too short!

Laura

When I went to Tortola on the Legend, I spent the day at Cane Garden Bay Beach.

Tortola is very rural, and if you don't do an excursion or spend the day at the beach, there isn't alot to do. I really loved this beach, much less crowded than Megan's Bay in St. Thomas and just as beautiful!:)

We stopped in Tortola 5 years ago and thought it was a beautiful island! We rented an open air "bus" (DH, me, sister and BIL) and the local guide drove us all over the island, giving us some history, describing the different types of plants/trees, took us to CGB (great drinks there also!), etc. It was just a relaxing and fun time, and we had our own personal guide. We stopped once along the road and bought fresh mangos from a woman and her daughters. I enjoyed seeing the way people live on a day to day basis (although sad compared to how well we have it in the US) and seeing the beauty of the island.

Archived