Personal tour guide

Grand PooBah

Grand PooBah

I recently was in Curacao and did a private excursion with Henry"Leo"Platte. His company is Rent-A-Guide.

It was mostly off road, including several different caves. He gives you several choices for local restaurants. which are not included in the price. The one we picked was very good. We visited a beach where we could snorkel. equipment included. or just swim. It proved to be a very enjoyable day. His prices depend on the number of people in the group. He has different types of vehicles available to him, and will arrange a tour to your specific wants or needs. You can reach Leo at leo@interneeds.net.

Hope this helps you, and if you choose Leo, hope you enjoy his services as much as I did.

Grand PooBah

I recently was in Curacao and did a private excursion with Henry"Leo"Platte. His company is Rent-A-Guide.

It was mostly off road, including several different caves. He gives you several choices for local restaurants. which are not included in the price. The one we picked was very good. We visited a beach where we could snorkel. equipment included. or just swim. It proved to be a very enjoyable day. His prices depend on the number of people in the group. He has different types of vehicles available to him, and will arrange a tour to your specific wants or needs. You can reach Leo at leo@interneeds.net.

Hope this helps you, and if you choose Leo, hope you enjoy his services as much as I did.

We also did a tour with Leo of Rent - a - Guide. It was a wonderful day! We had air conditioned Jeeps (which at first we were disappointed with but quickly realized that we were lucky since it gets really hot!). We also did "off road " and visited several really neat caves. We had lunch at a wonderful little restaurant (not included in the price), followed by a beach / snorkeling stop at a lovely beach. I would not hesitate to recommend Leo to anyone who is looking for a tour!

Margaret A

Grand PooBah

Darlene,

We have contacted this tour guide and he wrote to us and told us his charge would be 30.00 per person per hour. Can you tell me what you paid, how many people in your group and where did he take you and what Resturant you chose?

Thank you

On Board

I've booked a day with the folks at http://www.curacao-actief.com/index.php

I dealt with Anite, who was extremely helpful. She custom-made an excursion for my husband and I.

They're picking us up at the Mega Pier and venturing off to the North end of the island for a couple of the gorgeous beaches. (See their website for great pictures).

We're going to spend the whole day together, and for only $80 each! I'm too excited about this! :D

We'll be doing this next week. I'll report back with a full critique. :) If the day is anywhere as nice as the Curacao-Actief people are, it'll be WONDERFUL! ;)

I've booked a day with the folks at http://www.curacao-actief.com/index.php

I dealt with Anite, who was extremely helpful. She custom-made an excursion for my husband and I.

They're picking us up at the Mega Pier and venturing off to the North end of the island for a couple of the gorgeous beaches. (See their website for great pictures).

We're going to spend the whole day together, and for only $80 each! I'm too excited about this! :D

We'll be doing this next week. I'll report back with a full critique. :) If the day is anywhere as nice as the Curacao-Actief people are, it'll be WONDERFUL! ;)

Thank you for your info and I am looking forward to hearing about your excursion.

Grandmom, eyern, margaret a,

Thank you for your kind words!

on board:

I am a little confused with your post, you are addressing someone called Darlene, who has not posted here.

You may be mistaken me with someone else on a other island?.

I have never quoted anyone $30 p.p./p.h.

Henry"Leo"Plaate

Rent-A-Guide

• 2 weeks later...

I was recently(Oct 06) in Curacao on the Sun Princess and used Leo as our guide. There were six of us, all cruise critic people. In spite having 10 (yes, 10) people not show up that had signed up with me for his tour, we had a great time. He can personalize your tour to include anything you want i.e. beaches, scuba diving, snorkling, etc. The only recommendation I had to him was to take lunche orders ahead of time and call them in. We had a long wait because they weren't ready for us and it cut into our tour time. Just a minor note as he says he's always fine tuning his tours. Hopefully, soon his son will have his web site up and running. Leo, get it done!!:D

One of his greatest assets is his personality. He does know his business and I hope it continue to grow. When we returned, I had forgot where we were in most of our photos, so I emailed him for our stops. He responded immediately. It sure made it easier putting captions on my photos.:cool:

John

• 4 months later...

We paid $60pp for our all day tour with Leo. He took us to several different beaches for snorkeling and swimming in that beautiful water, as well as into several of the famous caves of the area. He's extremely flexible and easy to work with. My only concern is that he will get so popular and busy that he won't be available to me if I ever get back to Curacao!

• 7 months later...

Is there a website for Leo with Rent - a - Guide? I would love to know our options on Curacao. I will have a group of 30 on the Westerdam in April and we're looking tring to provide options for our group. I know most islands, but this will be a first visit for everyone to Curacao.

Thanks,

Sandy

image.php?u=116382&dateline=1197832800arldicmcki user_online.gif vbmenu_register("postmenu_12745623", true);

Cool Cruiser

icon1.gifI booked this tour! How does this compare with what you did

We like to book a private tour with a local person or special interest tour with walking etc. Kind of off the beaten path!

I suggest a private island tour with all the highlights. in one day you will have a pretty good impression how the island looks like and you will come back a next time to stay for a few days. suggestions for an island tour: a trip to the west

point of the island in the form of a scenic drive , visit of one of the

national parks named shete bokBe sure to wear decent shoes. first part we walk to the riffort then we continue by car. the end of the tour will be in the historic center of Willemstad(the Punda site of town), which gives you the chance to shop around.

a where we visit the rough north coast of the

island and a cave on sea water level. a visit to a plantationhouse ,

flamingo observation point, lunch at the old market place and then on to

visit the historic city center of Willemstad, the world Unesco Heritage site

of Kura Hulanda, the Jewish neighbourhood, Punda, Otrobanda, the Blue

Curacao Liquer factory and if there is time left an old fortress.

The tour price per person will be US 90, this includes drinks along the way and entrance fees but excludes the lunch and lunch drinks. Tourprice can be paid at the end of the tour, and i assure you , satisfaction quaranteed !I will meet you at the cruiseship terminal. From there it is only a 3 minute walk to the Riffort, the oldest defence fortress on the Otrobanda side of Willimstad, after a brief visit we continue the tour by car. Be sure to wear decent shoes, since now and then we walk a short distance. I only accept cash

What do you think? It is a private tour for two

• 1 month later...

Hi

We just did a tour with Michel from tourguidecuracao@hotmail.com. We had the best tour I do recomend him for your private tour.

He is very knowedgable polite and just loves his Cauacao. We did a day long tour and loved every minute of it

Anyone have a recommendation for a private tour guide in Curacao?

Do not like traveling with a group.

Hi

We just did a tour with Michel from tourguidecuracao@hotmail.com. We had the best tour I do recomend him for your private tour.

He is very knowedgable polite and just loves his Cauacao. We did a day long tour and loved every minute of it

Anyone have a recommendation for a private tour guide in Curacao?

Do not like traveling with a group.

We were recently in Curacao and had a private tour guide named Ida. There were four of us and we were in an air conditioned van. She was friendly, knowledgable, flexible and accomodating to what we most wanted to do. She had lived on the island her entire life and knew the island perfecty and spoke excellent English. I highly recommend Ida for a private tour. Ida can be reached at: kharmidas@hotmail.com

I think I am correct when I say that Ida was our driver on our tour with Leo in '06. Leo provided two additional drivers, as well as himself, since we had 9 people on our tour. Ida was very fun and we enjoyed our day with her. Glad to hear she has branched out and begun doing tours on her own.

• 1 month later...

After reading this post, I emailed all the guides. I decided to engage IDA for our tour. We had 9 people, 2 70 year olds, 4 of us 40-50, and 3 kids.

Ida was very responsive, I must have emailed her 6 or 7 times asking questions. She spoke English beautifully and had a wonderful sense of humor (my Dad kept telling her silly jokes).

She recommended PlayaPortoMari and I was glad she was with us. It was pretty crowded when we got there, and she had the beach attendant round up some loungers for my mom and dad and found us the last spot of shade!

Ida was a pleasure to work with. She even sent me a note afterwards, thanking us for our business, and to say hello to my mom and dad. Nice touch.

Her email is kharmidas@hotmail.com.

Archived