time to get to airport

robfkline

If you can do self debarkation, you will be off the ship earlier and have plenty of time. If you don't do the self debarkation, you might not get off the ship until 10:30 or up until 12:00. Then you would be cutting it too close. If traffic is good, it will take about 45 minutes to LAX. If you have a rental car, you will need to allow time to turn the car in at an off-site location. Security can take 30 minutes or more sometimes and if you have to check luggage the process will take longer. If a passenger has a flight that departs prior to 1:00, you can be in the first boarding group off the ship.

We just got off of the Pride today. I had booked a 3:45 flight out of LAX to Denver and we were off the ship by 10:00 so we were able to catch a 12:45 flight to Denver. If your flight is after 1:00 you have to wait until they call your part of the ship for debarkation and I think it is just total luck of the draw-probably based on which luggage they unload. We were the 4th group off today out of about 12. It felt like we had won the lottery.

It took about an hour from the time we left the pier in Long Beach till we were at the ticket counter at LAX. We took Super Shuttle so didn't have to wait for the Carnival Bus to LAX .

To answer your question, you should be ok with a 1:20 flight but it all depends on when they call your area to disembark.

Elise

Just an FYI for you...Carnival suggests no outbound flights earlier than 2pm. I've gone from Long Beach to LAX, and the traffic CAN be horrendous.:eek: I would suggest you set up the 'early debarkation' at the purser's desk. Good luck.

Archived