N736

Thebeachmaster

Just wondering if anyone has done the Brisbane-Noumea-Lifou-Vanuatu Brisbane cruise. We are first time Cruisers and it will be for our honeymoon. Just wondering what we can expect from th Pacific Sun, what shore tours/stops we should do?. Anything worth noting? Its great reading all your past experiences.Thanks and HooRoo:)

Welcome to the boards Thebeachmaster. I see you are doing the first cruise on the Sun from Brisbane. Personally, I thought it was a great ship and I'd be happy to sail on her again. You will have a wonderful time & please, ask any question you like. Someone on here is bound to answer it for you.

Karen

Just wondering if anyone has done the Brisbane-Noumea-Lifou-Vanuatu Brisbane cruise. We are first time Cruisers and it will be for our honeymoon. Just wondering what we can expect from th Pacific Sun, what shore tours/stops we should do?. Anything worth noting? Its great reading all your past experiences.Thanks and HooRoo:)

You'll love your cruise experience, my first cruise was a 7 nighter out of Brisbane on Pacific Sky - and I had a ball. The biggest problem is that 7 days is over all too quickly!! Pacific Sun is a good ship, once you get used to the Las Vegas type styling!

Be aware that with the late arrival (2pm) into Noumea for cruises departing Brisbane, shore tours will be limited and there's a risk that they will be cancelled - I've cruised twice from Brisbane and this has happened on both occasions.

Having said that, Le Petit train tour in Noumea would be a good choice - particularly if it's your first visit to Noumea.

Kym

Having said that, Le Petit train tour in Noumea would be a good choice - particularly if it's your first visit to Noumea.

Kym

I'm seriously thinking of doing that on our next cruise. The trouble with travelling with a family of 5, the shore tours can be pretty expensive.

Karen

I'm seriously thinking of doing that on our next cruise. The trouble with travelling with a family of 5, the shore tours can be pretty expensive.

Karen

Yes, I guess we're lucky with it just being the 2 of us. I found our cruise card statements from our Pacific Star cruise the other day, which reminded me that we spent about $300 for the two of us on just 2 shore tours - a 3hr tour in Suva and a 3hr tour in Vila.

Kym

Yes, I guess we're lucky with it just being the 2 of us. I found our cruise card statements from our Pacific Star cruise the other day, which reminded me that we spent about $300 for the two of us on just 2 shore tours - a 3hr tour in Suva and a 3hr tour in Vila.

Kym

For us, that makes it around $750-00. That's a lot of cocktails:D

Karen

Welcome to the boards Thebeachmaster, You will love the Pacific Sun, congratulations on your future wedding. You can find out heaps of info on here by using the search at the top right side of the page. You could spend hours browsing here. It's great reading everyones experiences which will give you plenty of ideas.

For us, that makes it around $750-00. That's a lot of cocktails:D

Karen

It sure is Karen :) Although our cocktail bill was reduced on Pacific Star as they had taken a lot of the cocktails we'd come to like on Pacific Sky & Sun off the menu.

In regards to shore tours, my only regret is that we didn't spend the bit extra and do the full day round island tour from Suva, which got out of the town and into the countryside. Being our first time to Suva we'd wanted to get a feel for the place - but we didn't excpect it to be quite so noisy, dirty etc. Ah well, we know better for next time.

Kym

Thanks everyone. Lots of great ideas and the photos have been great. Will definately keep an eye on this sight for more "hints and tips." Shame we wont be sailing with you on this one. Sound like a heap of friends are made and seems like I know some of you already. Happy sailing, Ross & Michelle:rolleyes:

Archived