Priceline 4* FLL bid help

phelina

We would like a one night stay in a 4* FLL hotel near Port Everglades. After reading these boards, I tried using Priceline for the first time yesterday, bidding $75 in the downtown and beach zones. Bid denied. The date we're trying for is a Saturday (Oct 30th) and there's a boat show in town that weekend. What is a good starting point, considering those factors? Is there any hope? Should we try for a 3* instead? Thanks for any advice!

The Marriott Marina in the downtown zone of FLL is rated 3 stars and is a great hotel. We stayed there on a PL bid last year. The grounds are beautiful and our room was very nice. We had to split our bid because we couldn't get 3 nights in a row. Ended up getting the 4 star Hyatt Pier 66 for our last night pre-cruise and actually liked the Marriott better. Good luck with whatever you decide.

The Hyatt is sold out, both the beachside Sheratons are sold out, the Holiday Inn at the beach is sold out, and the regular rate for the Marriott Marina is $349 which is REALLY high. You may want to either book a bargain type hotel conventionally or extend the area which you are willing to stay in. I doubt PL is going to have much inventory with prices as high as the Marriott. Good luck.

Thanks for the help everyone! My 72 hours is up this evening, going to try again, trying downtown and surrounding areas. Anyone know if Hollywood area would be a hugh cab fare to the port? If it doesn't work, will try the regular avenues.

Thanks again!

Phelina, I am having the same problem for the night before. After asking for some help with other hotels, good, bad, etc, I booked the Sleep inn. It is only a little over a year old, includes breakfast and shuttles. A room with a king is $90. I took it because of perks, new, and in a safe area for 2 women. There is a Publix and 3 restaurants across the street that are supposed to be good. Also about a mile from beach. I will still try PL to see if anything pops up in 3 or 4 star, but we know we have a bed. Good luck

Didn't work with Priceline, so I went the traditional route. Got the Westin in Hollywood area, going to get a taxi to the port from there (no shuttle). Hope that it won't be too expensive. Thanks again everyone!

Archived