Can we make this flight?

jebridan

We will be sailing back to Miami, scheduled to arrive at 7am. Can we make an 11:45 flight out of Fort Lauderdale or would we be cutting it too close?

You had better make sure you are in the early flight disembarkation group to have a chance of making it. That's going to be cutting it pretty close, especially if there is a backup at the airport (either check-in or security) or if there are any delays with debarkation.

Furry

If you have to and there's no other choice you probably can but it would sure be better to fly out a little later. Fort Lauderdale is really not all that far from the Port of Miami but I'd sure have all your plans lined out and ready to go to make it happen for you.

Here's some more information that might give you some ideas on the topic:

http://www.lifeiscruising.com/flight_reservations

I would be booking one a couple of hours later just to be safe. You never know when there will be a delay.

You also need to consider the number of ships that will be in both ports those days. We waited in line for over 4 hours only to find out that we couldn't get on standby for a earlier flight.

If you are going to try this I would plan to carry off your own luggage and do the self-disembarkation. We were the second color called and had to wait for the Carnival transfer bus to fill up. It was a pretty quick ride to FLL but I don't think we arrived until about 11:15. If you carried off your own bags and had your own private transportation waiting you would prob. be fine. Good Luck ;)

We had a 7:30pm flight out of Ft Lauderdale, but knew that there was an 11:45 flight. So, early Sunday morning, the day we arrived back in Miami and while we were still on the ship, I called the airline to see if there were any seats available on the earlier flight. We did the self debarkation (off the ship by 8:30), grabbed the first cab we saw and were to the airport by 9:15. Another family from the same ship had the same plan, but jumped on the Carnival shuttle bus. They did have to wait until it was full, so didnt get to the airport until 10:30-11:00. They were standby, had to carry all their luggage to the gate, but did get on the plane.

I was not comfortable making reservations on the earlier flight but it all worked out. Good luck....

You didnt say when you are flying..if its during hurricane season I would take the later flight.= FLL is about 45 minutes away by car.

When we were on the Victory even though we were docked very early we didnt start to be called off until after 10 as the ship didnt clear early. Too many people owed on their sign and sail bill and people didnt go to Customs when they were supposed to...if that happened to you--youwould miss your flight.

I missed an 11:40 flight out of Miami once (back in the days when I let the cruise line book my air). So, I wouldn't risk an 11:45 out of FLL. Our ship was docked on time, but there were immigration problems that delayed debarkation.

jebridan,

our last 2 crusies out of Miami, Nov. 03 and Jan 04 we carried our luggage off our selves. We were at FLL by 10 :00 am both times, we had 1:00 pm flights and were able to get on the 11:30 flight.

Archived