Cruise before Christmas Cruise

CruisinBiddle

Hello all! My family and I are going on the Norwegian Pearl cruise on Dec. 18th thru 22nd. I was wondering if anyone has gone on a NCL cruise the week before Christmas? Does NCL have different Holiday events, just like the Christmas cruise? I'm guessing the ship will be decorated. I hope so!

Thanks in advance for the replies!!

~CruisinBiddle

We sailed the Dawn last Dec(12/11). If I remember correctly, the decorations were put up during our cruise. They must do a lot of it during the night because in the morning a tree magically appeared. Have a great trip. We love NCL and are hoping our trip this Dec(12/10) on the Spirit is just as wonderful. Janice

We tried to make one show every evening, none however were Christmas related. (They were still great) We have 3 DD's, 11,4,3, who went to the kids club. I really don't recall them mentioning anything Christmas related. It's funny, it was so close to Christmas, but when we were on the beautiful islands and ship, Christmas seemed years away. You may not believe this but once you board the ship, there is so much going on and so much opportunity to have fun, you won't miss the Christmas events at all. You'll have time for that when you get home. Walk around the deck at night and look up at the sky. A million stars and not another thing to be seen. Thats Christmas!!! Have fun, Janice

To go on a cruise this time of year is very special. Of course you hope the ship is decorated and maybe they have a special show celebrating the time of season. That is one of the reason I decided to go on a cruise in December: To celebrate the Holidays is an extraordinary way. But you know; if the ship isn’t decorated and there is no special show, being on a cruise during the holidays makes it so much more memorable. It is better then being at work or at school. It gives you a benchmark in your life to look back on and say to someone or even yourself, yeah I went on a cruise during Christmas and it was an extra special time and I loved it and want to do it again. Enjoy your cruise, from the shows to the chocolate buffet, and enjoy the Holiday Season.

Oh yeah, one more thing, you can’t go to the mall during the Holidays to get . . .

CruiseHealing

We'll be on your sailing aswell, CruisinBiddle. And we've been curious about the same Christmassy things. Guess we'll just have to wait and see for the most part! I also wanted to be sure to invite you to come join in our Roll Call (see the link below). And please feel free to add your info to the list we have started.

Hello...I'm alos on the pre x-mas cruise! As far as I know, NCL still hires a decoration company, which decorates the ship in port of Miami. That will be December 22nd then! Always and only the x-mas cruise!

They start decorating the ship several weeks before Christmas.

Check out the photos in my signature below for my early December cruise aboard the Sun last year. Chiristmas decorations were up before December 11.

Would be nice, if she would be decorated! I hope I have a x-mas tree then as well in my cabin!

You can, if you bring your own. I don't think there's enough crew to set up 1,000 or so christmas trees aboard any ship. Be happy they set up about 25 trees for the public rooms.

If they put them in the public areas...then I have one in my cabin, too! It is big enaugh!

And while they are setting up trees in every cabin, how about a reef on every door? How about poinsettias in every cabin too? How about lights on every porthole and every window? How about free cruise tickets under every tree? How much is enough? The crew works hard enough as it is, decorating the ship's public rooms. You can overwork them that they will eventually get nasty.

How about 'em making you walk the plank, that would surely please me.:D

a few years ago we sailed the week before christmas, returned to port christmas eve. the morning we were debarking we saw them decorating. up to that day we did not see any christmas decorations at all. ofcourse that was several years ago, so things may have changed.

You know...I really think I will have a huge tree in my living room! They put always trees into the Owner's Suites and Garden Villas...since I'm in the Villa...I can maybe light a candle for you! :p

The King

And while they are setting up trees in every cabin, how about a reef on every door? How about poinsettias in every cabin too? How about lights on every porthole and every window? How about free cruise tickets under every tree? How much is enough? The crew works hard enough as it is, decorating the ship's public rooms. You can overwork them that they will eventually get nasty.

How about 'em making you walk the plank, that would surely please me.:D

2 years ago I was on the Norwegian Star from 12/15-23 and they were putting up decorations all week long and we definitely felt the holiday spirit. I do not remember any holiday shows or special events. I am doing the same cruise this year (12/16-24) and it is a great time to go:)

:confused:

2 years ago I was on the Norwegian Star from 12/15-23 and they were putting up decorations all week long and we definitely felt the holiday spirit. I do not remember any holiday shows or special events. I am doing the same cruise this year (12/16-24) and it is a great time to go:)

:confused:

Archived