what time does the opera embark their guests

dis2cruise

• 3 months later...

An older post here with a review stated they got there at 2:30 and got right on, thought they were late. I know I'll be on as soon as allowed to get evey hour I can on the ship prior to sailing. On our last cruise, we were on a cruise connection bus and got there at the last minute before sailing, I felt like I lost a chunk of my trip because I didn't get a quick tour first. Not earth shattering, but that was a part of our cruise ritual lost.

We are driving over from the Gulf coast the morning of the cruise. We don't want to be there standing for hours with all of our luggage. We had planned on arriving at the car rental drop by about 11 or so, which (I'm guessing) should get us to the pier by 12. If we can't board until 2 I think we may need to find something to do in the meantime and not go straight to the pier.

Can't give personal experience answers, but looking back into older posts noted some starting the lineup at 10 A.M. , but with a huge wait. Another said 11 or 12 and oh my. Another said got there at 1:15 and took 2 hours to board. One said they got there at 3 and only a short wait. We have not yet decided an exact time for us yet.

My personal opinion: I would go walk along the beach or look around in the shops. Possibly go have lunch somewhere.

PS - Could you let me know how your kids felt about MSC? They are running a holiday special on the Lirica but I haven't read alot about kids on here. My daughters will be 14 and 11. TIA

we just got off. we got there at 1230. dropped off our luggage . went inside to wait in air conditioning. they started the process in a very orderly manner at 1 and we were on the ship completely stress free by 130

My personal opinion: I would go walk along the beach or look around in the shops. Possibly go have lunch somewhere.

PS - Could you let me know how your kids felt about MSC? They are running a holiday special on the Lirica but I haven't read alot about kids on here. My daughters will be 14 and 11. TIA

I just got off of the Opera, and although they have a kid's program I think it is weak. However, if your kids are outgoing and independant they have a big advantage as the entertainment group will love them. It is an easy safe ship to navigate.

Archived