Valor, Pregnant and Excursions

Skimby

Hi! We just booked our "babymoon" on the Valor - I'll be 15 weeks pregnant at the time, and would love to hear some suggestions on excursions for pregnant ladies...any do's and dont's? We'll be on the Valor, Eastern trip...so excited!

Thanks in advance!

The shore excursion descriptions at the website clearly list which excursions pregnant women aren't allowed on. These include scuba, anything high speed like race boats, ATV's, and sadly, even the dolphin excursions are out. Whatever you choose to do, make sure you stay hydrated! Have fun.

Drink lots of water!! If you're not used to being in the sun or working out, stay away from anything that keeps you in the sun for long periods of time, and/or doing a lot of walking.

I cruised at 18 weeks pregnant, and even with being used to working out and being out in the sun, I got tired of the sun a lot more quickly than I was used to. And take a nap if you need it!!

My daughter and sil just did their babymoon on Celebrity in October, with us in tow. We did a Canada/New England tour. She was about 17 weeks pregnant.

We didn't do any tours, but always rented a car and went off on our own. Which turned out well, because BJ always took a nap while riding. She had wanted to do a tour one evening, but we just didn't book it for some reason or other. Anyway, as those people were leaving to start the tour, we were coming back to the ship thoroughly beat. She was glad (we all were) that we had not committed to anything set in stone.

She had a great time, and did alot of napping. Eating, was of course, quite the experience, and she only had one food aversion while on board. Bless his heart, the waiter brought out the chicken, and she took one look at it and got all white and told him he better take it away soon!! He took it so hard...

One night, we were walking around after dinner, and she slipped and fell on her hands and knees. We all freaked out, and she started crying, but, of course, she was fine, just hurt her knee.

We didn't get to have the ultrasound done before the cruise, so we didn't know the sex of the baby. I guess it saved us money, because we saw some of the cutest clothes and baby things while in Canada and New England, and I would have gone nuts buying it all if I had known then that he was a boy!

For BJ, relaxing and napping were her biggest pasttimes on the cruise. And eating, of course! If I gave advice, I'd say not to book tours, just go on your own and follow your body's cues. Of course, I always say not to book tours anyway, since we never do. Maybe you just want to book one.

Another thing we all did was walk in front of her while walking down the steps. If she stumbled and fell, she'd land right on her dh and df instead of going on down. It's amazing how protective people get of their pregnant loved one!

Enjoy your cruise! BJ and Eric loved theirs. And we loved being invited and getting to go along with our grandson's very first cruise ever!

She did have a bit of a tough time with her maternity formal wear. We had three formal nights on our cruise, and she ended up wearing the same dress but with different accessories to change it up. She was right at the size where nothing really fit well at all.

Have a blast,

Shay

Hi! We just booked our "babymoon" on the Valor - I'll be 15 weeks pregnant at the time, and would love to hear some suggestions on excursions for pregnant ladies...any do's and dont's? We'll be on the Valor, Eastern trip...so excited!

Thanks in advance!

A week from today I am cruising out on the Miracle, and I will be 13 weeks pregnant. Your doc should give you exact guidelines based on whatever limitations you have for your exact condition. Mine told me no scuba, (but yes snorkel) no long hiking (over 20 minutes :( ) no climbing, and to avoid drinking water unless it is bottled while off the ship. We just chose simple beach excursions to let me rest when I am tired etc. Doc also said be sure to bring enough sunscreen as we are more susceptible to sunstroke and sunburns while pregnant. I'd never heard that before. Obviously doc said limit exposure to secondhand smoke, and no drinking. I intend to have a blast.

Colleen

I did the stingray excursion while pregnant. JUST pregnant! :) I took at test with me on board. I highly recommend that excursion. It is just so neat and really a once in a lifetime experience. Ok, maybe a dozen in a lifetime experience if you cruise a lot. Be sure to bring an underwater camera AND some bottled water. Depending on where you go you get dropped off by a boat that takes you to the sandbar. Upon your return you can end up sitting there in the broiling sun, no shade, for more than 30 minutes waiting for the next shuttle to come bring you back. Definately worth it though.

Archived