can we bring own drinks

FondofKoi

OK everyone. I need help from seasoned carnival cruisers. We are going on our first cruise Aug 12th aboard the JUBILEE. We are very much looking forward to our new expirence. I have read that you cannot bring your own drinks aboard, but i just read on the other boards we people have in fact done this. Whats the deal. Can we or no? Thanks in advance for your input. b

The rules are, I believe one bottle of wine per guest to bring on board. Last year on th Glory though, we brought 9 bottles with us and had no issues or problems. Others bought liquor on board and used the OJ/Lemonade, the free stuff as "mixers". I believe they say in moderation, but you still always stand that chance of them taking it at the pier until you return.

wicked thanks for the info...............do you know if they will allow soft drinks on board???????

Put it in your suitcase.

You are allowed a "reasonable" amount of soft drinks, water, etc. It seems Carnival doesn't have anything set in stone as to what they consider reasonable, just don't go overboard and you should be fine. As for "smuggling alcohol", we took along a couple of bottles in our checked luggage and it was fine...

When we sailed the Pride, we checked our roll on ice chest (link to picture below) filled with almost two cases of diet coke. We had no problems. But, I've heard that if you try to carry the sodas on, they may limit the quantity. We also had liquor packed in our checked luggage.

http://community.webshots.com/s/image9/8/62/0/150886200yzMvrV_ph.jpg

You are allowed a "reasonable" amount of soft drinks, water, etc. It seems Carnival doesn't have anything set in stone as to what they consider reasonable, just don't go overboard and you should be fine. As for "smuggling alcohol", we took along a couple of bottles in our checked luggage and it was fine...

So attaching a luggage handle to my keg propbably would raise an eyebrow or two??

FondofKoi ~ Good advice above.

I'd like to add that what I do is check in two pieces of luggage - a large size that holds my clothes and shoes - and a medium size that holds my soft drinks and wine, as well as magazine, book, makeup, etc. This way, there is no danger in my clothing/shoes getting liquid on them - y'know, just in case....

I'm a solo cruiser, so I take only one 6-pk of the 16-oz. plastic-bottled Cokes. I take a coupla bottles of wine, well-wrapped in bubblewrap, and then in a beach towel. (Your checked in luggage may be tossed around a bit before it gets to your cabin, y'know.)

The empty piece of luggage comes in VERY handy when bringing back your souveniers.

IF Carnival wants to, they can confiscate your beverages and return them to you on the last day of your cruise. Sometimes they do. Most of the time they don't. They also may charge a "corkage" fee for any wine you bring to the dining room. Do I bring beverages? Yes. The only really big no no is consuming them in public areas of the ship. Things you consume in your stateroom shouldn't be a problem.

When we cruised the Fantasy in May, on the last night, we took an ice bucket with two bottles of wine and six wine glasses (happily provided by a cocktail waitress) to the show in the lounge, not an eyebrow was raised.

I always bring a bottle of Vodka and a couple of limes. Before boarding I pick up a couple of quarts of tonic in town. I wrap it all in plastic zip lock bags. I don't Remember seeing Cranberry juice on board. Bring a plastic bottle of your own on.I buy the drinks of the day on the ship during the day,and at night I like a Vodka tonic. This keeps the bar tab down.

We always bring along vodka. Room service has never failed to deliver orange juice when we asked. We had some really good screw drivers. I never asked for cranberry juice, sorry. One time, we ran out of vodka so we bought some in port real cheap. We heard they confiscated liquer bought while in port so we put it in an empty water bottle of ours and never had a problem.

We always bring along vodka. Room service has never failed to deliver orange juice when we asked. We had some really good screw drivers. I never asked for cranberry juice, sorry. One time, we ran out of vodka so we bought some in port real cheap. We heard they confiscated liquer bought while in port so we put it in an empty water bottle of ours and never had a problem.

In port I also bought a bottle of Absolut ,wrapped it in my beach towel put it in my Beach bag, It went through the scanner and they never said anything. At times I think they look the other way. :cool: :cool:

So you guys are saying it is best to put any drinks in the checked luggage and not to carry them on?

I think they are saying "either way"

OK everyone. I need help from seasoned carnival cruisers. We are going on our first cruise Aug 12th aboard the JUBILEE. We are very much looking forward to our new expirence. I have read that you cannot bring your own drinks aboard, but i just read on the other boards we people have in fact done this. Whats the deal. Can we or no? Thanks in advance for your input. b
My DH and I just finished cruising on the Conquest. We packed some bottles of coke and bottled water and carried them on in our backpack. No problems! We had a mini-bar refrigerator in our cabin, so we could put our soft drinks in it that we brought on with us. (I don't know the amenities on the Jubilee-but hey, they all have ice!) It definitely helped on the soft drink bill. I do know that if you purchase alcoholic beverages at a port they will take it upon you getting back on the ship and store it for you until after the last port day.

Have a blast!

Archived