Was Grand Cayman closed Nov 23?

wgeddings

We were on the Rhapsody the 23rd. Tendering was an adventure that day for sure. As another poster mentioned the tender boats kept slamming into the ship. The tender boat capt. were good at watching the wave patterns and were able to get things under control. I wish they had cancelled sting ray city, but they did not. We were on a ships excursion and it was not the pleasant experience I remembered from our last visit to GC. First the ride out and back was cold and windy. once there the swells were huge. Granted the water was warmer than the air, but the swells made it hard to keep your balance, and for those vertically challanged, the swells keep washing over our heads. After the tour the bus driver drove downtown to let some folks off to shop. As bad as the waves were at Spotts, it was three times worse in Georgetown. When we returned to Spotts, we noticed Rhapsody's capt. had turned the ship broadside to the swells. This helped the tendering process alot. I'm glad we got to stop in GC, but under the circumstances, I wish SRC had been canceled. It was a much better day to shop.

We were on Carnival Victory and were also scheduled to tender into Grand Cayman on the 23rd of November, but due to the rough waters the captain told us we would not be tendering in. Our ship also was not chosen to be one of the lucky ones to dock on the south port/dock. So we had a sea day and proceeded onto Ocho Rios. So they were being honest with you.

We were on Carnival Victory and were also scheduled to tender into Grand Cayman on the 23rd of November, but due to the rough waters the captain told us we would not be tendering in. Our ship also was not chosen to be one of the lucky ones to dock on the south port/dock. So we had a sea day and proceeded onto Ocho Rios. So they were being honest with you.

Yes, I gathered that from the other posts in response.

Archived