Montego is great!!!

BobandBrenda

We went on the FOS on 10/29/06 one of the stops was Montego .

We went on a tour to Whitewitch, Bob Marley shrine, and shopping.

We decided to stay in town and go to the Bobsled cafe and Margaritaville.

It was great and I feel I would stay in Montego. It had been awhile since I had been to Jamaica and they have changed how I feel about them. When we were in town a guy named Robert McBean asked if we needed a ride and we told him we were shopping and later be at Margaritaville maybe he could give a ride then. When we showed up at Margaritaville he made sure we knew he was there and was willing to wait. We came out and he was there waiting for us.

Nice young man starting his own tour business there. If you want a good price on tours in Montego Email Robert McBean at mcbean185@hotmail.com. He will customize for you. Good luck Robert.

Brenda and Bob Shaw

Hi

We will be stopping at Montego Bay on our February cruise. We've not been there before, and the ship's excursions are limited and don't sound very interesting.

I have been reading this thread, and get the impression that quite a few posters don't care for MoBay. Sounds like the port area is not very nice.

We are senior ladies who like to wander around in the port towns, to shop and maybe have lunch. Sightseeing is OK if near where we will be.

What can you tell us about getting to town (cabs? fares? safety of usng cabs?), how long it takes to get to town from the pier, etc. Also any suggestions for lunch (we like Margaritaville,but are open to other ideas).

We will only be in port from 7 AM till 2 PM, so we don't want to stray too far.

We'd really appreciate input.

Archived