Alcohol and associated costs.

Tropicsnude

Hiya

We're off on our 1st cruise next week and have a couple, and possibly usual, questions about alcohol....

We love a drink, especially when on holiday, and have been known to have alcohol tabs exceeding our accommodation costs in some instances ;)

So.... Basic beers, spirits, and wines. What are costs onboard ???

(4X Gold, VB, Brandy, Vodka, with some Orlando, De Bortoli, McWilliams being all basics)

Can wine be purchased by the bottle for cabin enjoyment, or at dinner ???

Is there an alcohol limit enforced, with consumption being recorded, or does common sense prevail, by bar staff, when one can still stand and speak ???

We have no problem with alcohol rules, and will abide by them, although would naturally prefer to be able to BYO in own space (i.e. cabin) but we would like some idea as to our likely daily costs, and allowed consumption :o

Hi

I was on the pacific Star last week. Most beers range in price from $4.50 to $6 - most being $4.50. Spirits are $6 and cocktails range in price from $7.50 to 12.50 depending on the cocktail. Cans of soft drink were $2. Wine can be bought at dinner time either by the glass ranging in price from 5.50 to $8 per glass and by the bottle. Not sure about purchasing bottles of wine at the bar as we never did but im sure you can as our cabin had a ice bucket. Common sence does prevail and the bar staff wont serve you if they feel you are intoxicated as far as i am aware they do not keep tabs of how much you have drunk via your account but security to wanderaround to keep the crowd in check.

Dont buy any duty free alcohol on the ship if you are going to Port Vila make sure you go to Fung Kuei's Downtown they are located on the same side of the road as the water at the end of the main street at the end as you head in the direction away from the ship. The alcohol here is extremely cheap. I bought back 2 1L bottles and paid $29 for both one bottle of vodka and one bottle of scotch. They deliver these to your cabins the night before you disembark, so if you bought 3 bottles you could probably drink one in your cabin the night before you leave.

I hope this helps

Thanks so much for your reply Kez,

mmm... we may have to increase our daily drinks budget :eek:

Should say though.... We're definitely not drunks, but love the ability to have a drink for morning tea, and continue to slowly sip on nice cold drinks throughout the day, if the mood takes us when on holiday :)

Archived