Which excursion? so many to choose

flyingandcruising

Ok so ive finaly narrowed down to 3 as to which excursion to take in the Panama Canal, during my parial Panama with Royal on the BOS. But for the life of me cannot decide.....any suggestions?

1 The Smithsonian Tropical Research Institute at Barro Island

2 Panama Canal Locks by Ferry

3 Chargres River Adventure & Eco Walk

thanx to all that reply, happy cruisin

• 4 weeks later...

I would love to hear any recommendations for excursions for this trip.........especially ones that would handle my Dad who uses a scooter/or wheelchair /cane to get around.

I am really excited to be going on the trip my Dad has always wanted to go on......and hope we can find some excursions to take that he can do.

ANYONE?

I highly recommend the Ferry Excursion if you are interested in the operations of the canal. It was great to see the full length of the canal plus some of the Panama countryside on the drive back to the ship.

I know there were people on our cruise that did it with canes, and one person was in a wheelchair (manual not electric). The crew was great about helping her down the gangplank.

My vote also goes to the Canal by Ferry, What a great experience. Our guides were wonderful and we learned so much about the canal and the country of Panama. No problem with mobility issues, there were a couple of wheel chairs on our excursion. I'm not sure the vans are equipped to hand a scooter though, I didn't notice any lifts for them on the vans.

Since we only took a partial transit (to Gatun Lake only), we opted to see the rest of the canal via Ferry. An absolutely wonderful experience. We figured since we travelled all this way, and don't know if and when we will be back again, that we might as well see the whole canal. The excursion was pricey but well worth it.

Archived