Returned Last week from ELATION

PJNJcruise5

Will be going on the Elation on Dec. 14th. Was wondering how your weather was? Was it warm enough for a bathing suit at anytime during your cruise or in the Bahamas? What time were you able to board the ship? Was parking simple? I am taking my parents who are in their upper 70's who have a handicapped placard...will that help at all?

Thanks..

Scott

We'll be on the Elation in January and can't wait! What deck was your cabin on? What did you think of the crew on the ship? We were on the Fantasy in April and the crew made our trip, everyone was so friendly. Who is the CD and how were the shows? Basically any and all info will be appreciated:) :) :)

We were on the Riveria deck in the middle. Our Ports of call were Freeport and Nassau. We had been to Nassau before, but this was our first time in Freeport. We were pleasantly surprised, it was clean and a great beach day. Getting on and off the ship was very quick and easy no lines at anytime. we boarded at 1:15 on the advice of the ticket book. There were already people on board by then. we could have gotten there earlier, but when we did get there the line was short. The longest wait was for the security. It also took time to fill out the Bahama immigration card( one for each person) We enjoyed the cruise and would cruise with Carnival again.

The weather at the time was cooler than usual. we went to the beach at the Westin in Freeport and it was warm enough for swimming, Nassau was cloudy the day we were there so we didn't do the beach there. Onboard the pool was warm enough for the kids. It was a little breezy on our last day-the sea day, but was warm enough for laying out on the lounge chairs. Before you go check out the forecast online through the weather channel. The ship itself can be freezing at times, bring a light sweater of wrap if you can chill easy. As far as the shows, I really enjoyed Rhythym. My husband and I liked to hang out in the Romeo and Juliet bar. There is an awesome band Music Blitz they played alot of classic rock. The cruise director was Goose we din't see him too much but we didn't attend alot of the planned activities(i.e hairy chest competitions and such) we did go to the party on the top deck at 11:30 p.m while in Nassau. He did a great job getting people up to dance and have a good time. We really enjoyed our cruise on the Elation

PARKING AT THE PORT: easy to do follow the signs, pull up to the drop off area to unload your suitcases and passengers( a porter will be there) One person can then drive on to the parking area -follow the signs) At the parking area you will go through a toll booth area where you'll prepay your parking ($12 per day) There is an attendant there. drive through after paying and a valet will take your keys, give you receipt and leave your vehicle with him. Save your receipt they give you, it will be needed to pick up your car. When you disembark they will ask for your ticket and will tell you where you're parked or possibly bring your vehicle to the curb.

I am also on the Elation on 12/14 and have a question about your earlier post. You mentioned that your hubby did something while in Nassau at 11:30pm....my itenerary shows that we are only in Nassau from 7am-2pm. Were you in Nassau longer than that? Was this the four day cruise or a longer one that might have had a different itenerary?

Thanks!

Our cruise was 4 night, 5 day cruise Thursday -Monday. Our first stop was Freeport from 8-4 and Sat Nassau from 7 a.m until 7 a.m. sunday. Sunday was our sea day and we arrived in Port Canaveral Mon a.m. We used Camp Carnival and the kids enjoyed it very much. I was disapointed that the first night there wasn't much going on. we went to the family party at Jeykll and Hyde lounge but there wasn't a time to leave the kids by themselves at Camp Carnival the first night so we kinda of just hung out in the cabins.

Archived