Using Funship Dollars to pay for cruise booked through TA???

ROPD184

Hey guys...I have never used funship dollars so Idont know ANYTHING about them. But I was wanting to know if A)they can be used towards the cost of the actual cruise, and if they can then B)Even if the cruise is booked through a TA??

Any help is GREATLY appreciated. THANKS!!!

Here is what the site manager wrote about "bumping":

"BUMPING" is when you post anything or even the word "bump" in an effort to keep your thread at the top or page one of the forum.

Bumping = boring. Your fellow cruisers see that something new has been posted, and they click to read it. Instead, they find nothing more than your bump.

Please don't bump. BUMPS will be removed; we'd appreciate your help by reporting bumps using the Alert icon in the upper right hand corner of the posting.

Persistent bumpers may find their posting privileges suspended for a period of time -- without warning!

:confused: yes ive seen the information about bumping...that was in no way an effort to bump...simply me trying to point that I had not gotten the info that I needed and would have really appreciated a helpful informative answer. I in no way was trying to bump my post there. I guess ill just call and ask Carnival. thanks!

:confused: yes ive seen the information about bumping...that was in no way an effort to bump...simply me trying to point that I had not gotten the info that I needed and would have really appreciated a helpful informative answer. I spend a lot of time on these boards and try to help a lot of people on these boards by answering as many questions as I Can. I guess ill call Carnival..thanks.

Just call the TA you are booking with... they should know. Also, the fun ship dollars include all of the limitations right on them... good luck!!

:confused: yes ive seen the information about bumping...that was in no way an effort to bump...simply me trying to point that I had not gotten the info that I needed and would have really appreciated a helpful informative answer. I spend a lot of time on these boards and try to help a lot of people on these boards by answering as many questions as I Can. I guess ill call Carnival..thanks.

Hi!! I'm glad you bumped....I did not see your first post:D

Yes you can use your fun ship dollars towards payment on a cruise...it's the same as cash. (anything carnival that is) We received some as a gift and put it towards our final payment. And we also booked thru a TA. Good Luck!!

These are the T&C's... sounds like it can be used with a TA, since it references that the TA should call a special number and reference the FSD's...

spacer.gifspacer.gifImportant information about your Fun Ship Dollars

These gift certificates must be used in accordance with the terms and conditions as follows:

1) This certificate is valid for its face value in U.S. dollars, only on Carnival Cruise Lines and can be used towards the purchase of any Carnival cruise or as a credit on board a Carnival ship. This certificate is not valid on any other cruise line, including any affiliate of Carnival Cruise Lines. Fun Ship Dollars can be used in multiples and may be supplemented with other acceptable forms of payment.

2) The recipient of this certificate must be 21 years of age or older and the recipient and any additional guest(s) must satisfy Carnival’s additional requirements for passage.

3) Reservations must be made in advance and are subject to availability. To use towards the payment of a cruise or as an on board credit, follow the directions on the certificate. Travel Agents should call Carnival at (800)794-6225 and reference the Carnival Gift Certificate.

4) Changes to the reservation may be permitted, subject to availability and any other restrictions and any applicable cancellation charges.

5) This certificate is not replaceable and has no cash value if lost, stolen, altered, expired, photocopied or reproduced in any way.

6) The recipient will be required to mail this certificate to Carnival Cruise Lines at 3655 NW 87th Ave. Miami, Fl 33178 Attn. Special Programs MSRZ 356s. Certificates should only be mailed by certified mail. Carnival is not responsible for lost certificates.

7) This certificate may not be used to pay for any government fees, taxes, onboard gratuities, games of chance and or similar activities. This certificate can not be used and is not applicable for group travel or payment related to group bookings and amenities.

8) This certificate is not redeemable for cash. It is void if sold for cash or other consideration. Fun Ship Dollars are transferable only when gifted.

9) Any tax liability, including disclosure, connected with the receipt or use of this certificate is the recipient’s responsibility.

10) Carnival reserves the right to substitute ports, change itineraries or substitute ships on all itineraries.

11) Certificates may not be valid where prohibited or restricted by law. This certificate shall have no expiration date for purchases in California and New Hampshire or where otherwise prohibited by law.

12) Cruise passage is subject to terms and conditions contained in the Carnival Cruise Lines “Term and Conditions of Passage Contract Ticket” (copies available on request) including the procedures for resolution of disputes , which may take place in Florida, and the information contained in Carnival Cruise Lines current cruise brochure. By redeeming this certificate, the recipient agrees to be bound by all such terms and conditions.

spacer.gifplaceholer.gif

Cruisin...thankyou for your reply and your info. The only problem is that I was askin for a person in our group cruise. She was unsure..she doesnt have the funship dollars....so she doesnt have one to read...I just thought somone may know without having to call someone.

These are the T&C's... sounds like it can be used with a TA, since it references that the TA should call a special number and reference the FSD's...

spacer.gifspacer.gifImportant information about your Fun Ship Dollars

These gift certificates must be used in accordance with the terms and conditions as follows:

1) This certificate is valid for its face value in U.S. dollars, only on Carnival Cruise Lines and can be used towards the purchase of any Carnival cruise or as a credit on board a Carnival ship. This certificate is not valid on any other cruise line, including any affiliate of Carnival Cruise Lines. Fun Ship Dollars can be used in multiples and may be supplemented with other acceptable forms of payment.

2) The recipient of this certificate must be 21 years of age or older and the recipient and any additional guest(s) must satisfy Carnival’s additional requirements for passage.

3) Reservations must be made in advance and are subject to availability. To use towards the payment of a cruise or as an on board credit, follow the directions on the certificate. Travel Agents should call Carnival at (800)794-6225 and reference the Carnival Gift Certificate.

4) Changes to the reservation may be permitted, subject to availability and any other restrictions and any applicable cancellation charges.

5) This certificate is not replaceable and has no cash value if lost, stolen, altered, expired, photocopied or reproduced in any way.

6) The recipient will be required to mail this certificate to Carnival Cruise Lines at 3655 NW 87th Ave. Miami, Fl 33178 Attn. Special Programs MSRZ 356s. Certificates should only be mailed by certified mail. Carnival is not responsible for lost certificates.

7) This certificate may not be used to pay for any government fees, taxes, onboard gratuities, games of chance and or similar activities. This certificate can not be used and is not applicable for group travel or payment related to group bookings and amenities.

8) This certificate is not redeemable for cash. It is void if sold for cash or other consideration. Fun Ship Dollars are transferable only when gifted.

9) Any tax liability, including disclosure, connected with the receipt or use of this certificate is the recipient’s responsibility.

10) Carnival reserves the right to substitute ports, change itineraries or substitute ships on all itineraries.

11) Certificates may not be valid where prohibited or restricted by law. This certificate shall have no expiration date for purchases in California and New Hampshire or where otherwise prohibited by law.

12) Cruise passage is subject to terms and conditions contained in the Carnival Cruise Lines “Term and Conditions of Passage Contract Ticket” (copies available on request) including the procedures for resolution of disputes , which may take place in Florida, and the information contained in Carnival Cruise Lines current cruise brochure. By redeeming this certificate, the recipient agrees to be bound by all such terms and conditions.

spacer.gifplaceholer.gif

Ahh very nice..Thanks a bunch!! :D

Hi!! I'm glad you bumped....I did not see your first post:D

Yes you can use your fun ship dollars towards payment on a cruise...it's the same as cash. (anything carnival that is) We received some as a gift and put it towards our final payment. And we also booked thru a TA. Good Luck!!

And Thankyou for your help as well..You and cruisin have been very helpful!! :)

Archived