Day Sails St Thomas

BigBrust

Hello all-

My family and I will be sailing on the Zuiderdam Jan. 13th. I have read some great things about the ship, and I am looking forward to the cruise. I was wondering if anyone has ever taken a day sail out of St. Thomas? I am looking into taking one, but I was wondering if there is enough time to get from the ship to the boat, how convenient it is to get to the boat, which boats are good/not so good. I will have my 3 year old daughter with me, so if you know of one that is more kid friendly. Thank you for your help.:)

Hello,

You will love sailing with Captain Sharon on the Winifred! I have sailed with her twice. This excursion was the highlight of my cruise, I would sail with her again! Enjoy!

Rose:D

obe1: thanks for the thumbs-up on Captain Sharon on the Winifred. I'm looking forward to it. There are 4 of us on an exclusive sail. Her rates are reasonable. Also, I've spoken to her on the phone...very nice person. OP, consider the Winifred.

If I may make a suggestion....

Check out Captain Pam from http://www.daysailfantasy.com/

I just booked with her yesterday. (Had tried to book Winifred, but they were full and referred me to Pam).

She's been great. We've emailed back and forth several times....she answered all of my stupid questions. *grinning*

I love the fact that there will only be 6 passengers on board....the open bar and lunch doesn't hurt, either! ;)

Anyway, upon our return, I promise to post a full report on the FANTASY. I'm really looking forward to this. It sounds like it'll be a dream-day! :)

Archived