Carnival Spirit-Presidents week

Ctrain246

Hello to all;

My wife and I are in the process of planning a cruise for Feb 2008, and are considering the Presidents holiday week, 2/18-2/26. I would appreciate feedback from anyone who has cruised that particular week. We are wondering if the 8 day itinerary raises the average age of the cruise population, we just experienced that on a cruise on the Legend over Thanksgiving. Did it appear that kids, ages 15-25, were on board? In general, any comments about the cruise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Caesar

Caesar, I don't have any experience for that week, yet, but we are on the Pride with 36 of our friends the week of Feb 18 next year. I was worried about too many kids, but I did quite a bit of checking of large school districts and it seems that there aren't too many that have that week off in the west or midwest, but many on the east coast. So that week will have more kids than the week before, but your 8-day cruise on the Spirit would probably have fewer than a 7-day and the average age will probably be older on the 8-day. But there are always kids because of year round schools with odd break times, home schooling, private schools, etc.

I have chosen that week before to go on the Spirit because my school age children had the whole week off from school.

Not sure whether the San Diego school district has this week off but I only live about half an hour away from the port.

I have chosen that week before to go on the Spirit because my school age children had the whole week off from school.

Not sure whether the San Diego school district has this week off but I only live about half an hour away from the port.

kkaren and Cathy, thank you very much for the responses. We are very much hoping to get a cruise that is "Alive".

Caesar

Archived