Military Discounts?

I know this has been discussed in length, but I amhoping this question is not a repeat. My dh served 4 yrs in The Navy. Was honorably discharged. I have seen the military discounts on the RCI site and discussed here. RCI said they do not offer, yet some here say they have used it. Does the discount qualify only if you are taking a longer than 4 night cruise? Any tips?

Thanks!;)

The RCL sponsored military rates apply only to certain cruises, and so far, I have yet to see a post from anyone who has actually got a military rate through RCL. You can go to several TA's that offer interline rates, do a google search for interline rates, but I have not gone that route myself. I guess for now, it's just the luck of the draw on finding which cruises are eligible for veteran pricing.

I have finalized payment on the Jan 3 Enchantment using the military rates. When you make the reservation on the website it gives three choices: senior, military, and neither.

A word of warning - last week the regular fare was on sale for less than the military fare so I switched the booking to take advantage of the savings. it pays to keep a close eye on your bookings.

Archived