11-28-06 Aboard the Maasdam

sk8teacher

Just a quick update. It appears that about 15-20 people have some sort of GI infection, and the ship is doing everything they can to isolate it so that more do not come down with it.

Food in the Lido is being served by the crew rather than us getting our own fruit, bread, etc., no salt/pepper shakers on the tables, you have to pick up individual packets, same with sugar, the pools and hottubs are shut down, and of course our beloved Thermal Suite.

The good thing is we have been informed that they will prorate the cost so we will see a credit on our bill for the days it wasn't available.

As others have said, the ship is wonderful, and we do like the crew. Very friendly, always with a smile on their face and a hello.

We went to the Mariner reception today, and along with a couple of hundred other folks(!!!) managed to grab a couple of bloody marys while listening to the presentations.

We are on track to arrive at 8am Thursday. I will most likely post my final thoughts then.

Cheers everyone!

I am so dismayed to hear about the gi infections. With my luck and the week I have been having so far, I will more than likely contract it. Especially when you factor in that I opted out of the insurance. Eek! I am going to try to be optimistic and hope for the best. We have our hand sanitizer, sanitizing wipes and plan to take care of ourselves on board as far as hand washing and so forth.

On a better note (or maybe not since your returning), it was nice to read your reviews and know that you are having a good time. Also that you appear to be among those unaffected. Hope the rest of your trip is great!

Archived