#### LIVE FROM THE GOLDEN PRINCESS #### (17 Days Starting 11/29/06)

JotWorld

Arlene, how many suitcases do you bring for your comforter, coffee machine, DVD player and who knows what else? lol. Do you have any room for your clothes and shoes?

Mary

The king size comforter gets all the air sucked out and becomes very small; until you release the button. The DVD player is in my carryon and the coffee pot is in its own small case. The comforter remains on board and the extra space in the suitcase is able to accommodate all the new "stuff" we acquire. I have lots of room for clothes and shoes; it's Milt who gets rationed. :D Seriously.......two large suitcases. That's it. If it doesn't fit, it stays home.

Arlene

Thank you, Cindy, for that answer! That makes more sense than my take on the situation. But I still miss having the card :(

Another cruise-related question answeredon a 'Live From' thread....

All that 'cookies-on-a-cruise-ship' discussion is making me hungry...:p

If you happen to "loose" your card in mid cruise;) , they will give you a replacement.

GREAT IDEA!! My husband actually DID lose his...3 TIMES on one cruise....he was getting really embarrassed to go down and ask for a new one...his was legit...but what a good idea if they are going to confiscate them..

You're welcome :) I always have web cam pages open....love to see where the ships are :D

I tend to like http://www.princessshutter.com/princesscam.htm myself. If I see something interesting I go to the princess site and bring it up for the faster refresh (the princess shutter site only refreshes once every 4 minutes). It's a refreshing distraction from the white stuff outside.

"You must remember this...." (a Kiss is not a Kiss;) )

What a Beautiful Day in Casablanca!:) 67F, Sunny(Not a Cloud in the Sky) Winds NE at 7Mph, Humidty 70% "Wonderbar" :D The Triple range of Atlas Mountains shield the coast from the harsh heat of the Sahara. This is the 2nd largest City in Africa after Cairo.(Morocco about 33,000,000++++(7/05) & a little larger than California) Casablanca is not the quaint provinical oasis of Bogart & Bacall.:) It is a Vigorious commerical giant & manufacturing center , one of Africa's Great Cities!:eek:

We are at a Pier, $30.per Cab/ Taxi ride to City, not recommended to walk in Pier Area or outside the Pier Gate area. cut....................... Later.............. Bill

If you happen to "loose" your card in mid cruise;) , they will give you a replacement.

;) ;) ....I like how you think!!!! Wink Wink Nudge Nudge!!!

"Ooops...honestly, Mr. Purser, my card just disappeared.......LOL....:p ....now I need another....:o " she says with fingers crossed behind her back!

;) ....I like how you think!!!! Wink Wink Nudge Nudge!!!

"Ooops...honestly, Mr. Purser, my card just disappeared.......LOL....:p ....now I need another....:o " she says with fingers crossed behind her back!

Hi Ladysail2, there's your answer!;) Where there's a will, there is a way!:D

Happy Sailing! Bill

Milt, the greatest choc. chip cookie snatcher of them all, actually waits for the 3:30 hour to claim his stash. Of course he's taught others (right Tony?) his technique :)

So Bill, you're just gonna' have to enter the buffet mid-afternoon or, as Lynda says, order from room service. Much easier to help yourself and then replenish when needed. Hopefully this discussion is considered cruise related. :rolleyes:

Arlene

A, Got a stash of those Wow Cookies at 4:00 PM yesterday, took them to the Cabin, ate two & Stashed the rest! Yummy!;) Bill

we are already Rocking & Rolling;) There were big Breakers on the Beach today & we're in them Now before we get far from shore. What a Beautiful Day in Casablanca today! Weather 10+ Clear, Sunny, & Warm what more could you ask for.:) Great Short tour 1:30 to 5PM, A few sites, a pit stop for Drinks & Restrooms(Needed), a stop for Shopping(a few nice gifts), a tour through a Market Place(Nice) & a Stop at the 2nd Tallest Mosque in the World( got some Great Pics). THe City was not even half as Crowded as Rome, we were surprised as there are over 5 Million people there(Although it was Mid PM and Siesta time;) ) such a large City, not what I had expected. There were only about 20,000 in Casablanca in 1905, so it has Really grown in 100 years, Wow!:eek: Later.............. Bill

PS No Apes or Monkeys today!:D

Was there with Princess a couple of years ago. Great day! We did not take an organized tour but did the following:

Walked into town and walked down the Main Street pedestrian walkway with an occasional detour to Line Wall Road.

Took the cable car to Upper Rock. (Two sets of the Barbary Apes there.). Walked the pathway to St.Michael's Cave (and went into it). Continued down the pathway to Apes' Den (the 3rd set of the apes). Then took the cable car from the Mid-Station back down. (Cable car both ways and entrance to St.Michael's Cave is included at one price.)

Expolored the Botanic Gardens near the base of the cable car.

Walked back to the ship via Main Street, stopping in King's Chapel on Main Street.

Did not get to see the cave used to hide in and fight from during WW-II.

Carbill, Thank you!:) We did similiar on our walking tour, but also went into the Seige Cave with Cannons & it was also A very nice tour;) , & a lot more walking then they tell you about:eek: , and Long inclines which is very hard for me with my stiff right ankle!:( My Best! Bill

I've never cruised Princess, only Carnival, so I have no cookie input. But as long as Bill keeps talking I can let my FNL know that the ship is still floating---he is a little worried about his wife. Thanks for the help Bill.

Wendy

If we start to go down:eek: , I'll send you an eMail;) , before, If I have time:D , OK? You're welcome! Bill

one info please

Do you know that if during drydock they have changed the polycarbonate balcony partitions (higly flammable) with those in aluminium ?

for the antarctita cruise they should do...

Thanks.

uote=T&J]Live from's are no more of a questions and answers thread than posting a new thread with a question that gets answered....the Live From's also have a different feel to them because it becomes a collaboration of different opinions of also previous cruisers that have cruised together in the past sharing same experiences, comments or concerns and some banter.

Funny everyone else seems to find each answer that I post to each question asked of me and I haven't missed one that I recall? Correct me if I am wrong...

Anyways you have your views and I certainly have mine given I've been called "prolific" about my last "Live from".

Tony

:cool: :eek: :cool:

& let you know tomorrow!;) Thanks for coming along!:) Bill

Hi Bill! Can't wait to hear about what types of things you recommend that we can do independently on our transatlantic next Oct. As always, I am enjoying your posts...lurking every day!

Thanks again for coming along, looking forward to meeting you & yours on the TA next Oct.:) My Best! Bill

Europe typically gets released in March or late Feb of 2007 for 2008 season and Exotics get released in May early June for sailing beyond April of 2008 until April of 2009. Caribbean, Panama Canal get released in Feb/March of 2007 for 2008 sailings.

Tony

:cool: :eek: :cool:

Thank you for your help! Bill

I tend to like http://www.princessshutter.com/princesscam.htm myself. If I see something interesting I go to the princess site and bring it up for the faster refresh (the princess shutter site only refreshes once every 4 minutes). It's a refreshing distraction from the white stuff outside.

Thanks! Looks like the Dawn will be here tomorrow.......

Bill, you are fortunate to have such good weather sailing through the Straits. Our passing was shrouded in mist, fog, and low clouds. We saw the top of the rock..which was better than nothing.

For some reason, we saw Africa quite clearly. Enjoy your day!

The Weather has been a perfect 10 since the Day we landed in Rome 12 Days ago! :+) It just can't be beat, for this time of year, or any time of year for that matter, I would not want it any Warmer at all!:D Bill

Bill,

Beginning to look at the Copenhagen to Rome tour. How did your leg fare on the tour at Gibralter? I have a bad knee and like to know ahead of time

how it might be.

I would not recommend the Walking Tour, as it is hours long up and down blocks of inclines, some steep & many, many stairs. My ankle is still throbbing over 24 hrs later, & very swollen. It was tough just doing the little walking needed for todays tour, plus the back & forth on the Ship.:( I would recommend just go up the Cable Car & see the Apes:eek: & the Lovely View from the observation decks on the Top of the Rock!:D & go back down on the Cable Car & Not Walking! Less than $30 dollars RT, No tour Needed at all!;)

Just go in the PM, when the Crowds are gone.;)

I received your email and would appreciate it if you would thank Claudio for me.

Done!

Judy

You're Welcome! Bill

I am really enjoying the Golden postings, she really is my favourite ship. The entertainment in October was the best I have seen on a ship. Is Brandi Chapman still on board as she was sensational. Also Darren Lynton who lives close to us in the UK.

Yes, the Golden is a Lovely Ship!:) No, neither has been on as of yet.;)

Thank you for coming along! Bill

Hi There,

For those lucky people on the Golden, can you tell me if the South African couple (crew) are still on board, she works in the shops he works as a waiter. They should have just got married I think they were getting married in Scotland her family came from there.

yours Shogun

Sorry but can not recall names

I'll check for you & let you know! ;) Thanks for coming along!:) Bill

Archived