Transfer Port Everglades

MikeM

$10 on the 19th when we got back. We thought we'd just get a cab but none were where they sent us to get one. However, there were several mini-buses (about 20 passengers each) whose drivers/helpers were milling around, asking if you were going to the FLL airport. We took one, it filled up fast and left quickly (opposed to the carnival big-bus that probably took a while to fill up) and they charged $7 pp. As I say, there were about 5 or 6 of these that we saw and I'm sure they're just going back and forth.

It's what I would do again next time.

A warning though. I recently used the Carnival transfer from Port Everglades to FLL. It was shortly after 11:00 a.m. by the time I got off the ship, my flight wasn't until 3:25 that afternoon so I was in no hurry to get to the airport.

There was a couple however that debarked at the same time as me and their flight was at 12:15. They had pre-purchased the Carnival transfers and when they got to the bus the Carnival rep told them the bus would not be leaving for the airport until it was full and they might be better to take a taxi to the airport. The gentleman was understandably upset, having already paid for the transfers and received no caution beforehand.

I presume they took a taxi as they did not get on the bus I was on, which was a good thing because it was about 11:40 before we even left the dock.

Archived