Oosterdam help

momrox1

You'd think I never cruised before, but I'm having difficulty deciding between cat A deck 5 aft or cat A deck 7 aft. Any thoughts on the differences? Deck 7 cabins look slighty smaller with maybe a bigger balcony. Anyone know for sure. When I call HAL I get lots of different opinions on what size the rooms are. I love love being aft but would really not like to trip over myself (or hubby) in the room. Thanks !

mom

Just got off the O on July 3rd from room 7105 (A) which is aft not aft aft but aft port, I think. Room is adequate for two and even though you don' trip over each other it takes a few hours to become a custom to each others movements. Balcony is fine not huge but ok for two or three. After a few hours in the room did not have a problem getting around.

Have fun.

Jerry

The Diamond Princess ship follows the O around and you will see it in a couple of the ports sometimes ahead and sometimes behind. Do not know much about the Princess line but the Diamond is one beautiful ship!!! I think you will be happy with the O and if you see the asst cruise director (Colleen) around say hi! She is a good person. Have fun.

Jerry

I have cabin S6158, aft, starboard and was told today via an email from HAL that the cabin is 396 sqft and the verandah is 132 sqft.

Maybe this will help you gauge the cabin size of those you are considering.

Either way I'm certain you will have a great cruise.

Archived