horseback riding

awsmrn

Has anyone done a horseback riding excursion in Playa Del Carmen? I saw they have one available on the carnival home page. Give me as much info as you can such as price, enjoyment, refreshments, beach, ect. Thanks!!

We have done it 2 times. The cost was about $75 pp. They pick up at the peir. When you get to the ranch they assign you a horse according to your riding ability. You ride through the forest? down to the beach. Once at the beach if you are an experenced rider they will let you gallop along the beach with one of the guides. Everyone gets a chance to swim in the water on a horse. After about 30-45 minutes at the beach you moount up and ride back to the ranch house. They have some soveniers(sp) there and you can have free sodas. They have a bar there, but we didn't get anything so don't know the costs. They server you black beans and fajitas. The horses are a lot better than you find on any ride in the states. Wear long pants or take a towel and put over the sadle. DW really enjoys it and says that is the only excursion she will do when we go to that port. If you like the bus will drop you off in toen on the way back, but you will need to get a taxi to get back to the ship. Be sure and take a little cash to purchase things at the ranch house. Photo was $10- (I think).

Archived