Carnival Victory

Sierramist

I cruised on the Victory in May. This was my second time on there. I really enjoyed my cruise. We did the Western Carib. I think alot of the bad reviews were for the one to Canada. I don't know which one you are doing. We had some of the best dining room service we have ever had. The layout of the ship is a little confusing, but that was my only complaint.

Menika

I cruised on the Victory in May. This was my second time on there. I really enjoyed my cruise. We did the Western Carib. I think alot of the bad reviews were for the one to Canada. I don't know which one you are doing. We had some of the best dining room service we have ever had. The layout of the ship is a little confusing, but that was my only complaint.

Menika

Menika

I have been on the Victory twice. The service was great. My only complaint both times was the quality of the food. Dining Room and Buffet. Have been on 5 Carnival ships this is the first time I have complained about the food. Have been on the Miracle twice. Both times the food was excellent. Has to be the chef on Victory. Other than that issue I love the ship. Would definetly go back again. But I just did not care for the food. My DH did not care for some dishes either.

We had a aft cabin 2nd time side Balcony 1st. Cabin stewards both times were exclellent. Wait staff both times Excellent. Entertainment was enjoyable. First time was with a disabled person. That time we were treated so kindly. That I wrote to Carnival and commented on our experience. I always observe how crew interact with handicap people. That particular cruise staff went 110% over expectations. I left feeling like a pampered princess.

Oh make sure to take your own hairdryer. I think we had 2 outlets but may want to take a power bar in case.

My only complaint both times was the quality of the food. Dining Room and Buffet. Have been on 5 Carnival ships this is the first time I have complained about the food. Have been on the Miracle twice. Both times the food was excellent. Has to be the chef on Victory. Other than that issue I love the ship. Would definetly go back again. But I just did not care for the food. My DH did not care for some dishes either.

I've noticed a number of complaints about the food on the Victory the past 6 months or so. Has anyone been on this ship within the last few weeks, and if so, has the food improved? I hope all of you who felt the food was inferior let Carnival know.

I have been on the Victory twice. The service was great. My only complaint both times was the quality of the food. Dining Room and Buffet. Have been on 5 Carnival ships this is the first time I have complained about the food. Have been on the Miracle twice. Both times the food was excellent. Has to be the chef on Victory. Other than that issue I love the ship. Would definetly go back again. But I just did not care for the food. My DH did not care for some dishes either.

We had a aft cabin 2nd time side Balcony 1st. Cabin stewards both times were exclellent. Wait staff both times Excellent. Entertainment was enjoyable. First time was with a disabled person. That time we were treated so kindly. That I wrote to Carnival and commented on our experience. I always observe how crew interact with handicap people. That particular cruise staff went 110% over expectations. I left feeling like a pampered princess.

Oh make sure to take your own hairdryer. I think we had 2 outlets but may want to take a power bar in case.

I've only been on the Carnival Legend and quite frankly, while I thought the ship was beautiful and had a wonderful time, I didn't care for their food either. This will only be our 2nd cruise to Canada.

Can anyone tell me about how they enjoyed this liner? I have read some lousy review on it.

We were on the Victory back in October for a short five day cruise. We enjoyed the ship. There were a lot of scheduled activities for those who wanted to participate. The theater shows were ok and the dining room food and service was not what we have experienced on other lines. There was just a little something missing in the service.The food (dinner)was ok but nothing to write home about.The buffet was ok. We usually ended up with the burgers, deli, etc. instead of the buffet. At breakfast we chose the "made just for you" omlets and fruits. The room service was good. Our deck seven balcony cabin was roomy and had plenty of storage. The comfort beds were just that... We were midship close to the elevators but no problems with noise. While we never saw our room steward, things were always clean and tidy. The ship is very colorful and is quite large. We would not hesitate to cruise again on Victory. Hope this helps...enjoy your cruise. We will be on Glory in January.

my first cruise was on victory and i loved everything about it. i've since been on valor and celebration and victory is still my favorite ship. i thought the food on victory, clubs and entertainment were better than valor but still would go on either of these ship again.

i thought the ship was nice. the food was good and everything else, but this was 2 years ago and my first cruise, so anything was amazing. the one thing i did think was totally awesome that wasn't on the elation but on the victory was the map near the coffee place where you could see where you were in relation to each port. just thought that was interesting

It was our third cruise on her - we love her! We always choose the Panorama Deck and this time there were some issues, not with the ship or the cruise but with our neighbors. We had a family next door - three teens, parents and we think one younger child (8-10 range) - all I can say is ma and pa Kettle take a cruise. They were rude, crude and obnoxious. Had to call security several times to quiet them down at all hours of the night! During the day it was slam, slam, slam - of the cabin door. Did we let it spoil our cruise? NO-WAY!

About the Victory - she's still a beautiful ship - always can find a chair by the pool - food is great - we have no complaints. The layout for us is perfect - we spend hours and hours just relaxing on our balcony watching the sea pass us. The itineary was western - and we choose our cruise for this.

We're planning our next cruise for June - out of NYC so will probably revisit the Miracle as the New England/Canada route doesn't interest us.

Don't hesitate to book the Victory -

We just cruised on the Victory 11/19/06 for Thanksgiving. They have a new menu that was 2 weeks old at that time. We did a private tour of the galley, just 4 of my family (platinum perk). We were told that they really listen to the comments about the food. I thought it was wonderful. I have recently had gastric bypass and shared all of my meals with the family and no food went to waste. They had a carmel dessert one night that had the best carmel I have ever tasted, was sorry I could only take two bites. The chli relleno stuffed with broccoli was so good I wish I could have one right now.

The band, Bestsellers, were great. Liked the piano bar. Spa was well appointed. Great rooms and service. I had no problem navigating the ship. Tea time was nice and even my nephew (19) enjoyed going with us one time.

Liked Costa Maya, had a massage on a platform over a bar on the beach, $20 for 45 minutes:D . Could not tender in Grand Cayman:( . Went to Cobaya gardens in Jamaica and they were beautiful, unable to tube down the white river due to heavy rains the day before.

I would go back on the Victory tomorrow if I had the time off from work. Don't know what there was to complain about but I also believe a cruise is what you make it. Go with the right attidude and have fun.

We had no complaints on the Victory in September. Dining room was excellent. Usually did the buffet breakfast and lunch and it was great. shows were good. We usually sat in the pool with the cover. Loved that area. Pizza and grill was also in that area.

I cruise the Victory in May and loved it. And I hope to cruise her again. Very clean... very nice.

Keep in mind that some folks aren't happy unless they are unhappy. There are the folks who want to use white gloves to inspect for dust, and if they find some, they consider who ship filthy... :rolleyes:

Or maybe they might find a spot of rust...

Or the wait staff didn't come as soon as they snapped their fingers...

Archived