Anyone use a medical patch?

Sunshine91

I thought this might fall under the category "beauty" & the ladies here are the best.

I'm new to using a medical patch & am having a really hard time removing the adhesive when changing it. I've tried alcohol & nail polish remover with acetone. Neither are working. I had thought just showering would take care of it, but obviously that's not working, either. anger.gif

Anyone got any good ideas? help.gif Thanks muchly. sunny.gif

Trish - I tried just the scrubbie thing in the shower, thinking that would take care of it, but nope. :p And now I've got raw parts. :o

Gordonchick - We were thinking some kind of solvent - the baby oil sounds like a good idea. I'll try that tonight. Don't know why it never occurred to one of us! :confused:

Laura - I live in the middle of nowhere (although well populated with retirees :rolleyes: ). Don't think there are any med-supply stores around here. If the baby oil & vaseline don't work, I might be back. :)

Ladies, thank you.

I used to use an estrogen patch. I never had problems with it until they obviously changed the adhesive agent. I think you should either contact the pharmaceutical company or find out if you can change to a different product. You are could be allergic to the adhesive.

--Judy

Thank you for the info....I will be wearing the patch on my upcoming x-mas cruise...this will help me greatly....this will be the first time my DH & myself will be wearing it, we are cruising out of N.Y.C. & we know that the atlantic can be rough especially this time of year.

Archived