question about prices

bubbles1209

I know when prices drop they are more than likely trying to fill the ship. What would make them raise the price of a cruise? We just paid off our Feb. cruise Monday night, and the prices went up sometime today, because when I looked early this morning, they were still the same. Why would they go up instead of down?:confused:

Final payment is jsut becoming due-- this is when lots of people will cancel so not to incur penalties fees.

Give it 10 days then see the prices along with availabity.. if you are seeing at least 7-9 cabins in any cat the chances of the price coming down are good-- if you see less==orget it. it wont happen.

In 9 cruises only one has come down in price --

So if the price does go down, would I expect to get a ship credit for the difference I paid for the same room catagory? (And do I need to request this reimbursement or does it just happen?) Or is that just wishful dreaming on my part? :confused:

Could please use a bigger font when you post?

As to your question, if it is before final payment is due, you have to request the lower price. After final payment is due it is not clear what, if anything, the cruise line will give you.

So if the price does go down, would I expect to get a ship credit for the difference I paid for the same room catagory? (And do I need to request this reimbursement or does it just happen?) Or is that just wishful dreaming on my part? :confused:

It depends... if you are booked with a group, you may or may not get it, depending on the amenities. If you aren't, then ask your TA what their policy is...

It also depends on the agent you booked with. Some agents do not give any reductions after final payment has been made.

Some price reductions will be for new bookings only-- so read the small print.

You have to watch the prices...most people dont so they tend to lose the money.

I paid in full for our cruise last July for our April sailing. I noticed the price dropped $40 each for our BL. I called a PVP and managed to get an $80 OBC, after she asked her Super. So, you can get something back if you try the right people!;)

Archived